Arduino Uno USB Shield

Matthew Boutilier

Apr 19, 2017, 8:18:44 AM4/19/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Does anyone know where I can get an Arduino Uno USB shield quickly, and for a decent price (preferably under $35)

Thanks

Baha Baydar

Apr 19, 2017, 8:38:10 AM4/19/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Jentronic over in Burnside may have them. Princessauto has a small selection of miscellaneous stuff too.

--

---

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com

Allan Carver

Apr 19, 2017, 8:49:01 AM4/19/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
RAE in Burnside is also carrying a small selection of Arduino.

Adam Cox

Apr 19, 2017, 9:02:25 AM4/19/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Hi Matthew,

Just to be sure, are you looking for a USB Host Shield in order to connect a USB peripheral to the Arduino? If so, buyapi.ca seems to have them for $17 ( https://www.buyapi.ca/product/arduino-compatible-usb-host-shield/ ). I don't think USB Host Shields are very common so I'd be surprised if any of the local places have them.

I haven't purchased from buyapi.ca yet so I can't personally vouch for them, but I'm planning to order from them soon because they ship from Ontario and seem to have decent prices. They reached out to us recently because they are trying to engage with makerspaces across the country, which I certainly consider a point in their favour. :)

Cheers,
Adam

Baha Baydar

Apr 19, 2017, 10:25:09 AM4/19/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I've bought from buyapi.ca and they have good service and fast shipping.

--

---

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com