Momentary (Normally Open)

Skip to the first unread message

mur...@eastlink.ca

20 May 2018, 19:22:1320/05/2018
to Halifax Makerspace
Hello,

Does anyone have a momentary switch (button) (normally open) you are willing to part with? I'm trying to open our van's back door from the inside of the van, something that is normally operated outside (via electric latch/button).  It will be installed through a plastic interior panel of a minivan, so something like the one pictured below, (black vs red preferred).   : )  Thanks!
Push Button Switch, Momentary

Tom Servaes

20 May 2018, 19:53:1220/05/2018
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Come by the space and I will show you what you can recycle from the bins in the electronics room. I think there's one like this and many other, more stylish ones.

What current would it need to pass?

Tom

--

---

Shawn Wilson

20 May 2018, 22:12:1420/05/2018
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I have some but I am not sure what they're rated for. I will send pics tomorrow.

Shawn Wilson

21 May 2018, 12:36:2921/05/2018
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com

This is labelled 3a125v and 1.5a250v. not sure if that's of use to you.

mur...@eastlink.ca

21 May 2018, 19:10:0821/05/2018
to Halifax Makerspace
The switch will be used on a 12v circuit (unsure of the amps) to trigger the lift gate latch from inside our van.  The van (Transit Connect) uses an external switch to trigger the latch to release (no more mechanical linkage) and I plan on tapping into the external switch circuit.  Thank you Tom and Shawn, I'll drop by the Makerspace tomorrow and have a look.

Shawn Wilson

21 May 2018, 19:13:3421/05/2018
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Ok. The switch I sent a pic of is at my house, but I _think_ there's some in the cardboard storage bins on the French cleats in the electronics room.