What parts are you waiting on to finish a project?

Evan d'Entremont

May 30, 2016, 6:06:16 PM5/30/16
to Halifax Makerspace
I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem; you end up shelving something for months waiting for parts to come in from overseas.

Consider this an offhand question / market research; What do you need right now, especially that's prohibitively expensive at jentronics et al?

Off hand I'm waiting for some RGB LED strips, some terminal connectors, and a bag of capacitors.

Baha Baydar

May 30, 2016, 6:21:09 PM5/30/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I've got around 3 meters of RGB LED strip to spare from an ambilight project that I really should finish some day. Can't help with terminal connectors unless you want JSTor Dupont pins/plugs. Another friend just got a couple bags of caps and might be able to spare some.

--

---

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com

Evan d'Entremont

May 30, 2016, 7:07:29 PM5/30/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Is the LED strip waterproof 5050 by any chance?

terminal connectors are for something else that can wait.

Baha Baydar

May 30, 2016, 7:14:15 PM5/30/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
LEDs are "5M WS2811 WS2812 Led Digital strip 150led Waterproof"

Evan d'Entremont

May 30, 2016, 7:15:45 PM5/30/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Oh those are overkill, don't need individually addressable

Baha Baydar

May 30, 2016, 7:25:09 PM5/30/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
No worries, I figured I'd extend the offer.