Metric threaded rod?

Shawn Wilson

Apr 7, 2016, 12:13:20 PM4/7/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I'm working on collecting the pieces for a 3d printer (http://reprap.org/wiki/Wilson_Assembly).  I know already it's not the best choice, but I have most of the parts now, so I'm going to give it a go.  I am lacking the following parts and was wondering if someone had a local source.  Mostly, I'm looking for the t-slot nuts and M_ threaded rod.  I'm assuming I can get the rest at Home Depot.

  • M10 threaded rods
  • M5 threaded rods
  • M2, M3, M4, M5, M10 screws (various sizes), nuts, lock nuts and washers
  • T-slot nuts
  • M8 bolt
Thanks,
Shawn

Chris McDonald

Apr 7, 2016, 12:21:46 PM4/7/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Trans world in burnside carries most of the above at very good pricing. The have both hardened and regular threaded rod.   I'm not sure what is better at this point. They might not have M2. I might have some to spare left over from my quadcopter.  Trans world has a minimum purchase of like $10 cash or $20 for debit/credit.

What size T-nut nuts do you need? Busy bee tools have a few larger sizes. I'm not sure if transworld had any. I can easily mill down regular nuts into t-slot nuts when I get back from Florida. I've made a few for my mill before I got my clamping kit.

--
Chris
--

---

Baha Baydar

Apr 7, 2016, 12:25:03 PM4/7/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com

I've got 100 each of m4 and m5 t-nuts coming on a slow boat from China. You're welcome to have some of those.

Trans-world is great for nuts and bolts. They also stock ACME threaded rod along with the metric.

Shawn Wilson

Apr 7, 2016, 12:35:15 PM4/7/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, guys.  Sounds like I'll have to check out Trans World.  The T-slot nut sizes aren't specified, but they go into 80/20 extrusion.

Shawn

hebei...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2019, 2:16:46 AM1/15/19
to Halifax Makerspace
HI Shawn,
we are threaded rod factory in China
you can send me any inquiry to in...@lonni.ltd
wechat/whatsapp:8618003205587

在 2016年4月8日星期五 UTC+8上午12:13:20,Shawn Wilson写道:

Joseph Baker

Jan 16, 2019, 7:20:42 PM1/16/19
to Halifax Makerspace
You can print decent T nuts. Also, you can change the settings for number of steps per inch and go with ansi treaded rod instead, which is easier to find and often cheaper in Canada.

Shawn Wilson

Jan 16, 2019, 7:28:09 PM1/16/19
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I think my original inquiry was years ago now. Another project that never materialized. :)