Rocker panel mod

已查看 25 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Evan d'Entremont

未读,
2016年4月21日 11:21:322016/4/21
收件人 halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking for someone who can do this:  to a 2001 Sierra extended cab. Cut out the rotted rockers with a sawzall, weld in big steel beams. I'll deal with painting and stuff.

Any half decent auto body guys who can do that? Cash, beer, whatever. Ideally want it done by Sunday and don't know where to start looking.

Barry Slaunwhite

未读,
2016年4月22日 23:55:542016/4/22
收件人 Halifax Makerspace
What's in  the picture is what the off-road guys call rock rails to protect the rocker panel from being bent during off-roading events. there is also supports welded between the rail and the frame to prevent it from being pushed in. what you need for rusted out rocker panel is called a rust panel any auto store sells. a lot less cost than structural steel and a lot easier to weld on.

Evan d'Entremont

未读,
2016年4月23日 00:27:042016/4/23
收件人 halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
the steel tubing was only $25 per side. Really quite cheap.

The inner and outer rockers are beyond shot, panels aren;t going to cut it.

Taking it to my grandfather tomorrow, he thinks he  can weld it in, worst case I have a backup.

--

---

回复全部
回复作者