UNO starter kits

Peter-Frank Spierenburg

Apr 13, 2016, 9:39:09 PM4/13/16
to Halifax Makerspace
Greetings,

I've been looking into bulk ordering UNO starter kits (really basic: UNO, USB, resistors, switches, LEDs). There have been a few floating across this group with price tags in the $5-$10 range including shipping, but only if you order a small quantity, like 'one'. I'd be looking for like thirty minimum, at which point the shipping cost tends to swamp out the actual item cost.

Can anyone point me at a UNO starter kit, shipped for $10 per unit in 30+ quantities?

Peter.

Evan d'Entremont

Apr 13, 2016, 9:44:52 PM4/13/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Kits I don't think I've seen quite that cheap prepackaged in that qyantity. . Can be built for sure.

First result on aliexpress is $12.83 each for 30 but $9.22 each for 10.

You'll have issues with CBSA for any single order over $200

--

---

Evan d'Entremont

Apr 13, 2016, 9:45:18 PM4/13/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Other screenshot

Peter-Frank Spierenburg

Apr 13, 2016, 10:09:56 PM4/13/16
to Halifax Makerspace
Yeah, that's what I thought.

I went cross-eyed when I was building ten kits at a time for BYOBits, Don't really feel like doing thirty or more. :)

I guess economies of scale just aren't what they used to be. :)

Thanks though.

Peter.

Adam Cox

Apr 14, 2016, 12:28:21 AM4/14/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I was able to put together a kit for $14.76 pricing at a bulk of 20 kits at dipmicro.com . They have the benefit of shipping from Canada so no CBSA surprises. A few prices might drop a bit more in bulk of 50+ but probably affecting the total kit price by less than a dollar.

ArduinoKit-Dipmicro.png

David Johnston

Apr 17, 2016, 2:14:10 PM4/17/16
to Halifax Makerspace

That is pretty damn good price Adam!

Even with shipping and tax , fairly competitive with China

David Johnston

Apr 17, 2016, 2:16:51 PM4/17/16
to Halifax Makerspace
Banggood.com have been splitting my orders and declaring their wholesale prices on the customs declaration as a matter of practice...
as soon as the package approaches 20 bucks , they make another parcel