Science Literacy Week

Shawn Wilson

Jun 4, 2017, 10:08:04 PM6/4/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Hi all,
Halifax Makerspace has been asked to participate in Science Literacy Week in September by putting on some kind of sciencey event.  This is in association with NSERC, for whom we just completed the Little Inventors umbrella filter build.  This would be the week of Hal-Con, so we will be a little short-staffed, but I would love to do something both sciencey and makery.  If you have any ideas and/or are available the last week of September, please let me know. Or better yet, come to Social Night Monday, June 5, 7pm Maxwell's Plum to discuss.  We will have to have it planned soonish.

It's pretty open in terms date and type of event, but the easiest thing would be to hold it on the last Sunday of September, during the monthly drop-in at the library (on hiatus for May/June).  We've been doing Arduino/electronics drop-ins mostly, but that's not required.

Shawn Wilson

Jun 6, 2017, 9:08:23 PM6/6/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Hi all,
I am thinking an Arduino powered IR tachometer to measure fidget spinner speed. Assuming they'll still be popular in 3 months. Sciencey bits could be infrared spectrum, intro to coding, resistance, etc. If anyone has any alternative ideas, or can spare a Sunday afternoon in September to help, let me know.