Skullspace members and co founder in Halifax..

Gurjeet Clair

Mar 23, 2016, 1:14:56 PM3/23/16
to Halifax Makerspace
Howdy folks,
 So a couple of friends of mine from http://skullspace.ca/ the Winnipeg hacker/maker/whateveryouwannacallit/space will be in town around April 6th through at least the 9th or 10th, and I broached the topic of building maker spaces with them. They are open to do an informal sit down with people and excited by the idea of talking to people from HMS and share their experiences and advice . I was thinking hitting up a pub for some food and easy chatter for this.

If people are interested lemme know and I'll see what I can arrange!

Adam Cox

Mar 23, 2016, 1:19:25 PM3/23/16
to Halifax Makerspace
Yep, definitely interested.

--

---

Peter-Frank Spierenburg

Mar 23, 2016, 1:20:47 PM3/23/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com

Indeed. I'm in.

Shawn Wilson

Mar 23, 2016, 1:53:50 PM3/23/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested.

Real O'Neil

Mar 23, 2016, 4:13:17 PM3/23/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Likely am as well.

Baha Baydar

Mar 23, 2016, 4:49:39 PM3/23/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Put me on the list too please.

--

---

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com

Curtis Raynor

Mar 23, 2016, 9:32:50 PM3/23/16
to Halifax Makerspace
I'm new to the group, but interested in hearing those experiences, and helping in anyway I can.  Please let me know the details.

David Johnston

Mar 24, 2016, 7:45:57 AM3/24/16
to Halifax Makerspace
me too

Sandy Walsh

Mar 24, 2016, 7:48:11 AM3/24/16
to Halifax Makerspace
Yep ... hopefully I'm in town.

Ian McKay

Mar 24, 2016, 7:54:39 AM3/24/16
to Halifax Makerspace

I would love to meet him as well. I am working on the STEAMspace up here at Acadia. Please let me know time/date :)

Gurjeet Clair

Apr 12, 2016, 1:21:12 PM4/12/16
to Halifax Makerspace
So its going to be a near last minute thing, I'm thinking tomorrow night or wednesday night, any suggestion on a spot to meet up, grab some food and then chat?

Shawn Wilson

Apr 12, 2016, 1:31:09 PM4/12/16
to Halifax Makerspace
Maxwell's Plum tends to not be all that busy on weekdays and the basement room tends to be empty and quiet, but it's a bit dive-y.  Tomorrow is Wednesday. :)

Baha Baydar

Apr 12, 2016, 2:03:53 PM4/12/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
How many are we expecting? I'd suggest either the Rockbottom or Gahan House if we're looking for not dive-y. :-)

--

---

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com

Gurjeet Clair

Apr 12, 2016, 2:38:04 PM4/12/16
to Halifax Makerspace, sh...@glassgiant.com
Right good point, Wednesday only:)
 So thats a good idea, but as Baha has suggested, its a numbers game, so whomever is in for "somewhere" DT Halifax tomorrow evening, speak up  and we'll chose based on those numbers..
Sorry for the late notice, there was AtlSecConf then recovery weekend..My apologies on that for those whom wanted to meet but won't be able to..

Real O'Neil

Apr 12, 2016, 2:56:55 PM4/12/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com, Shawn Wilson
I'll make an effort anytime after 6PM.

Adam Cox

Apr 12, 2016, 3:02:11 PM4/12/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I've got a meeting later in the evening but if it gets started early-ish I could stick around until about 7pm.

Shawn Wilson

Apr 12, 2016, 5:39:49 PM4/12/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I can make it tomorrow pretty much any time, but earlier is better for me.

Gurjeet Clair

Apr 12, 2016, 6:12:39 PM4/12/16
to Halifax Makerspace
Just talked to my guests..this MAY turn out to be a Dartmouth thing as they'd like to venture to the darkside before headed back.. suggestions welcome for here too..

Shawn Wilson

Apr 12, 2016, 6:19:43 PM4/12/16
to Halifax Makerspace

Works for me.  I'm partial to Celtic Corner, but it can be pretty loud.

Adam Smith

Apr 12, 2016, 7:20:12 PM4/12/16
to Halifax Makerspace, sh...@glassgiant.com
I'd be up for joining the group.

Baha Baydar

Apr 13, 2016, 10:17:36 AM4/13/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Mic Mac Tavern or Jamieson's would be decent places over on the darkside.

--

---

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com

Gurjeet Clair

Apr 13, 2016, 11:22:52 AM4/13/16
to Halifax Makerspace
Just talked to my coworkers, looks like they've decided on Celtic Corner at 7pm.

Be there, or be square..:) I'll be a 6'3" bald east indian dude if you don't know me:)

Real O'Neil

Apr 13, 2016, 11:25:26 AM4/13/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Question being if you still have the epic beard.

Gurjeet Clair

Apr 13, 2016, 11:58:07 AM4/13/16
to Halifax Makerspace
Nope..now i got like a 5-6 day white scruff.. so old looking these days..

Gurjeet Clair

Apr 13, 2016, 3:46:02 PM4/13/16
to Halifax Makerspace
So Celtic Corner 7pm,  got seats reservered under 'Clair' or 'Clare' or however they preferred to spell it.