Looking for a few pieces of firewood

Shawn Wilson

Mar 20, 2018, 1:19:16 PM3/20/18
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Looking for 1-5 pieces of hardwood firewood (maple, birch, etc) from 4"+ diameter tree (it's okay if it's been split in half, just not into kindling).  If anyone has some they would be willing to part with, let me know what you want for it.
Thanks,
Shawn

Bill Morrow

Apr 3, 2018, 9:33:35 PM4/3/18
to Halifax Makerspace
Shawn, I brought in a more serious log tonight. We parked it in the storage room. One end has been outside but in the air for perhaps 5 years.

Shawn Wilson

Apr 3, 2018, 9:44:45 PM4/3/18
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Bill. I dried a couple chunks of that spalted birch in the microwave.  I am going to try making a couple more phone holders. Not sure if the wood is in good enough shape, but it should be a fun experiment!

--

---