Automated confetti cannons - come help us prototype

Adam Cox

Nov 16, 2017, 12:25:43 PM11/16/17
to Halifax Makerspace
As many of you know we host monthly workshops at the Halifax Central Library and often have a specific Arduino powered project for it. On December 10th, we are going to be helping people ring in the new year Arduino-style! The plan is to add a real-time-clock module to an Arduino and have it trigger one or more confetti cannons right at midnight. We don't know yet exactly how that is going to work. So this Sunday afternoon (and depending on our progress, possibly other times) we are going to figure out the best way to trigger a confetti cannon. It should be a fun (and messy) time. So if you like problem-solving, Arduino projects, prototyping, or just sweeping up confetti you should come join us at the Open House from 1pm-5pm this Sunday. Or if you can't make it out but have suggestions feel free to contribute via this thread.

Tom Servaes

Nov 16, 2017, 12:34:49 PM11/16/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Can we post this on the Facebook page?

Tom

--

---

Shawn Wilson

Adam Cox

Nov 18, 2017, 10:17:07 PM11/18/17
to Halifax Makerspace
I picked up a bunch of styles of confetti poppers/cannons to experiment with tomorrow. I’ll probably be a bit late getting there though. Open House will still be starting at 1pm but the project work around the confetti mechanics likely won’t start until around 2pm.

Shawn Wilson

Nov 19, 2017, 8:50:43 AM11/19/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com

I will be there for 1pm, and can start setting anyone up who wants to test an Arduino and servo or motor.

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017, 23:17 Adam Cox, <adam.un...@gmail.com> wrote:
I picked up a bunch of styles of confetti poppers/cannons to experiment with tomorrow. I’ll probably be a bit late getting there though. Open House will still be starting at 1pm but the project work around the confetti mechanics likely won’t start until around 2pm.

Tom Servaes

Nov 19, 2017, 9:42:40 AM11/19/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Anyone who is coming tonight, please note that the Bedford highway will be closed for the parade between 5pm and 9pm.

The easiest way to get the the Makerspace is via the 102 exit 4C and use Duke Street to get to Rocky Lake drive.

Tom