Any local 3d printer supplies available in Atlantic Canada?

Steve Dupuis

Feb 15, 2017, 8:26:46 PM2/15/17
to Halifax Makerspace
I'm going to run out of PLA soon,  before I order more from China, I thought I'd check in here to see if there are any suppliers in Atlantic Canada

Cheers

Baha Baydar

Feb 15, 2017, 9:17:23 PM2/15/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Jentronic, in Burnside, was carrying some filament a while back. Have no idea if they still do.

I've got a Filastruder so I can make my own but I haven't put much time into finding a supplier of pellets yet.

--

---

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com

Chris McDonald

Feb 15, 2017, 9:47:50 PM2/15/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I've found Voxel factory out of Montreal to be pretty good to deal with. Not exactly in Atlantic Canada but they were pretty quick with shipping at pretty reasonable rates.

--
Chris

Steve Dupuis

Feb 23, 2017, 1:22:16 PM2/23/17
to Halifax Makerspace
I found a local shop

Eurekatec.ca

19 Pettipas Dr.  Unit Z,   over in Burnside

Picked up a 1kg roll of 1.75 PLA for 27.99

"Torwell" brand PLA

Testing it shortly once I purge the original Sunhokey supplied PLA.

Jordan Vallis

Apr 6, 2017, 6:17:56 PM4/6/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Hey Steve,

How did you find the PLA from there?

Steve Dupuis

Apr 26, 2017, 8:52:31 PM4/26/17
to Halifax Makerspace
I've returned several times to pick up more PLA..

So far the Torwell brand he sells seems to work quite well.

Jordan Vallis

Jun 29, 2017, 10:55:42 PM6/29/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Just for those who come by this thread later on - As of this week EurekaTec has moved to Lower Sackville (in the same strip mall as Alexandria's Pizza) on Sackville Rd., just past Cobequid Rd. His sign isn't up yet over the store, but he's open. I picked up a couple of spools of PLA today. Great prices (27-29 for a 1kg spool of PLA). He's looking at getting in some Nixie clock kits in the near future, as well.