Future of the Makerspace: Q&A session about new space

Shawn Wilson

Jun 20, 2017, 12:49:23 PM6/20/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Hi all,
It occurs to me that we didn't send this out to the Google Group yet.  If this is news to you, you should sign up for our mailing list (http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/home/?u=265922e83a50cbcd9262fcf53&id=9da96edf78)

TL;DRWe are considering a new physical space, but need members to commit.  Q&A session is Thursday, June 22, 6:30pm at Central Library, Room 301.  Lack of members by Monday, June 26 will mean we cease looking for a physical space in order to concentrate solely on group projects, library classes, social nights and all the other cool stuff we do as a virtual makerspace.

Full details:

Hope to see you there!

Shawn

Baha Baydar

Jun 23, 2017, 8:42:59 AM6/23/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
How did the info session go?

I wasn't able to attend due to work.

--

---

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com

Adam Cox

Jun 23, 2017, 12:59:23 PM6/23/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Pretty good. We had a handful of people out and answered lots of questions. We showed off some projects and talked about potential upcoming projects we could do in a new space. Several more people committed to membership and we are now at 17/20 of our goal.

Just a reminder to everyone, if you're interested in seeing the Makerspace get back into a shop please consider a membership. If you haven't emailed us since the call went out just over a week ago then we don't have you in our list for the goal of 20. Deadline is Monday so don't delay!

Nathalie Julien

Jun 27, 2017, 9:24:32 AM6/27/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Looks like we have reached member goal? Are we waiting to sign the lease before we transfer funds? What is the best way to get our member fees in on time?

Adam Cox

Jun 27, 2017, 9:26:51 AM6/27/17
to Halifax Makerspace
We are getting some final few details sorted and getting our rental application in. We will be sending out an email with some more details very shortly.

Cheers,
Adam