Eurekatec makerspace

Evan d'Entremont

May 26, 2017, 2:58:16 PM5/26/17
to Halifax Makerspace
The guy behind eurekatec is looking at starting a makerspace. From my quick conversation it's looking like the benevolent dictator model. He already has a shop in burnside, but would be moving.

Totally not a sales pitch and I have nothing to gain from it, but he does carry PLA and lots of electronics goodies locally. Worth checking out

On that note, he has a survey up https://www.eurekatec.com/?page_id=2112 to gauge interest. I've always said I want to see an actual makerspace succeed; so spread the word. Competition is a good thing.

Real O'Neil

May 28, 2017, 9:57:19 PM5/28/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Sure, I'll throw in. If he can get one off the ground and stocked, I'm fine with some dictatorship.

--

---

Adam Cox

May 28, 2017, 11:00:42 PM5/28/17
to Halifax Makerspace
I went into Eurekatec on Saturday and had a great chat with Mohammed. We are going to continue to have discussions about possibilities for collaboration as he moves forward with his plans.

Baha Baydar

Rae O'Neil

May 29, 2017, 11:36:30 PM5/29/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Damn, didn't even know this place existed. Sounds neat. Would love to source more things locally.

Steve Dupuis

Jun 18, 2017, 11:18:25 AM6/18/17
to Halifax Makerspace
I'm in
Mohammed and his sister seem to be doing well in Burnside, and at the end of June they are moving to a new shop in Lower Sackville with more retail store frontage.

I've been dealing with them for several months and I am extremely satisfied with the service and prices.

The Makerspace addition will hopefully be a success as well.