Turn your talent into a business course from NSCAD

Baha Baydar

Apr 18, 2016, 9:29:36 PM4/18/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

I got this in an email from NSCAD tonight and thought others might be interested. The course costs $250 over 10 weeks (or 10 sessions).

ONLINE COURSE:

Turn Your Talent into a Business

This course is specifically designed to teach the fundamental business knowledge needed to turn creative skills and talent into a business. Students will learn how to design a business model, as well as understand the basics of marketing, including how to identify and reach potential customers both online and offline. We’ll look at different ways to price and sell products or services, touch on basic financials, and review how soft skills like networking can dramatically impact the success of your business. We’ll also touch on how to develop a brand, how to optimize a website, and ways to make the most of social media. We'll also look at how to identify risks, and avoid common business pitfalls and mistakes. This course gives you the tools you need to plan and start a successful business.This is an online course, however we will be meeting as a group for three classroom sessions. The information given during the classroom sessions will also be available online.

--
Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com