3D printer help

Jeff Hennigar

Mar 16, 2017, 7:54:47 PM3/16/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Hello,
I'm a grade 5 teacher at a Halifax school and I need some help with our classroom 3D printer. We have a SeeMeCNC Orion Delta. It has worked beautifully for about 8 months, but this fix is a bit beyond my skills at this point.

The first clue something was wrong was that the printer changed its extruder temp to 180. The software (MatterControl) was set to 210, and the printer would set itself to 180. I could manually turn it up to 210 and it printed fine.

Then I got an error message that said "heater decoupled" and the nozzle and bed were both saying "def". As I understand, this problem can be anything from room temperature, to firmware, to wiring... I reinstalled firmware using MatterControl, its currently in my house which is 21 degrees, but I don't know enough about the wiring to comfortably start unplugging things.

Anyone able to help me out?

Thanks!

Baha Baydar

Mar 16, 2017, 8:23:11 PM3/16/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

That's often a sign of a loose connection to the thermistor, or it's gotten loose in its socket and not reading temperatures correctly.  http://reprap.org/wiki/Thermistor

I'm not familiar with that exact model of printer, but I'd be happy to meet up with you and see if I can help.

--

---

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com

Jeff Hennigar

Mar 16, 2017, 9:36:31 PM3/16/17
to Halifax Makerspace
I'd really appreciate that! (and so would my students)
My school is downtown, but I'd be happy to meet you somewhere. Send me an email and we'll find a time to meet.

Thanks you!

Jeffhe...@gmail.com

Baha Baydar

Mar 16, 2017, 10:48:25 PM3/16/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I work downtown so that might be helpful. I'll send you an email shortly.