FYI: Aliexpress anniversary sale

Adam Smith

Mar 28, 2017, 4:49:55 PM3/28/17
to Halifax Makerspace
AliExpress's anniversary is this week, and a ton of stuff is on sale, some starting today and seems a lot more tomorrow, for only a few days. I'll be saving about $150 USD off from $700 when I wait until tomorrow

Adam Smith

Mar 29, 2017, 10:03:33 PM3/29/17
to Halifax Makerspace
So, I tried to submit an order, and every single item is giving an error after trying to provide payment "This product can't be shipped to the selected region. "
Multiple stores/people being purchased from, and all electronic parts. Any ideas?

Baha Baydar

Mar 29, 2017, 10:12:38 PM3/29/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Canadian customs has been very slow to process items for the last few months.

I suspect that Aliexpress is fed up with having to issue refunds for items coming to Canada.

I suggest trying one of the paid shipping methods and seeing if that works.

It could also be that they are swamped with orders and the back end payment processor is having issues.

--

---

Adam Smith

Chris McDonald

Mar 30, 2017, 4:55:09 AM3/30/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

I still have items I ordered in December not show up yet. Currently I have 6 items ordered from Dec 26th to Jaunary 20th that have not arrived. One trickled in a week or two ago that shipped in early January. I've had ePacket items show up within two weeks in the last few months.

Hopefully this isn't the end of free shipping from China. Canada post and customs must be bleeding money processing these small packages. When a stamp is 82 cents for standard letter mail and these items are $1 including shipping.. Canada post can't be seeing much to ship these items.

--
Chris

Baha Baydar

Mar 30, 2017, 8:49:08 AM3/30/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
--
Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com

Martin Bruchanov

Mar 30, 2017, 9:23:42 AM3/30/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
December and January are very much the worst months to order anything from China. A. People are shopping for Christmas and B. there is Chinese new year celebration at the end of January. And then add slow Canada post...

Back in Europe, if something took longer than 3 weeks, I was quite disappointed. Here 6 weeks is an average delivery time  :P
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Mobile: (+01) 902-476-2756
Homepage: http://bruxy.regnet.cz/
Email: bru...@gmail.com, br...@regnet.cz
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruxy

Adam Smith

Mar 31, 2017, 8:01:15 AM3/31/17
to Halifax Makerspace
I managed to get the order done in time, it was a problem with my bank.

Adam Smith

Apr 6, 2017, 6:32:14 PM4/6/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Updates: one package arrived yesterday April 5 after leaving China April 1 with DHL. $44 USD item cost, $27 USD shipping and $22 CAD due on delivery
Second package arrived today April 6 with ePacket shipping, arrived with Canada Post and Xpresspost label

Baha Baydar

Apr 7, 2017, 8:24:57 AM4/7/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
DHL is a regular courier company so I would expect them to have fast turn around times. The other package is quite a surprise though. I think the best I ever had with ePacket was 10 days.

A friend of mine received an Aliexpress package that was shipped in November just this week.

--

---

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com