source for a mass air flow sensor - monitoring air flow to laser cutter head

Bill Morrow

Jan 30, 2018, 3:26:07 PM1/30/18
to Halifax Makerspace
Anyone plugged in to the car junkyard world? I think an inline mass air flow sensor might work to indicate if the air feed is flowing air to the laser cutter.

Alternatively, we could build one from scratch. We would need thermistors, op amps, passive components and a small light bulb or 2mm of 10 micron platinum wire (!)

I have some 10K thermistors in tiny 0402 packages, which should be very responsive.
What do we have for op amps, instrumentation amps?