arduino day

Shawn Wilson

Mar 13, 2015, 12:23:41 PM3/13/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Are we doing anything for Arduino Day on March 28?  I think there was some talk about the library, but there's nothing listed on the Arduino Day map for Halifax.  Submissions close on Sunday.

Shawn Wilson
@glassgiant

Adam Cox

Mar 16, 2015, 1:55:28 AM3/16/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shawn, I should have looked at this sooner. I didn't realise the signup just closed. A while ago we were contacted by Halifax Public Libraries to find some ways we could partner with them in the new Creative Lab in the Central Library. One of the events is going to be Arduino Day. I thought that our contact at the Library was going to be submitting an event but I guess it fell through the cracks. Either way we are planning to hang out during the OpenCreate sessions on Sat. March 28th from 9:30am-12:30pm and I think again on Sun. March 29th from 1pm-4pm. The library has some Sparkfun inventor's kits we are going to have setup as stations for kids to interact with Arduino. We are also going to put out a call for anyone involved with the Makerspace to come out and bring an Arduino project to show off. I expect the day to be a bit like Nocturne with people popping in and out.

--

---

Shawn Wilson

Mar 16, 2015, 5:26:02 AM3/16/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com

Cool, good to know. :)

Shawn Wilson

Mar 16, 2015, 11:27:10 AM3/16/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I've got a few partially-constructed kid-friendly arduino projects on the go.  I'll try to have one finished. :)

Should the Makerspace have some kind of small display to attract new members, while demonstrating some Arduino projects that aren't around or aren't super mobile (infinity mirror, rocking horse, pinball, etc.)?  Could be as easy as a bulletin board with photos and a paragraph for each project, plus Makerspace contact info and maybe Chris' edge-lit acrylic sign.  I'd be happy to throw something together this week, if there would likely be a place for it at Arduino Day.  Let me know.