Needed: pinball sounds

Shawn Wilson

Sep 6, 2016, 8:41:15 PM9/6/16
to Halifax Makerspace
Hey all,
As many of you know, the Halifax Makerspace is making a pinball machine.  We are in the final stretch, but we need a volunteer familiar with sound editing/production.  The theme of the machine is loosely sci-fi, comics, fantasy, general nerdery.  We've identified about 80 distinct sounds we'll need.  Now we need to find or make them.  They need to be legally obtained and not infringe on anyone's intellectual property.  If you are interested in learning more, and think you might have the ability to find/edit or make the sounds, please email me or Pe...@halifaxmakerspace.org as soon as possible.
Thanks!
Shawn

Martin Bruchanov

Sep 7, 2016, 10:54:04 AM9/7/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com, Pe...@halifaxmakerspace.org
Hi,

When I needed some sound effects, I have used:

You can search by tags.

Almost everything is under Creative Commons.

BruXy

Shawn

--

---

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Mobile: (+01) 902-476-2756
Homepage: http://bruxy.regnet.cz/
Email: bru...@gmail.com, br...@regnet.cz
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruxy

Shawn Wilson

Shawn Wilson

Sep 10, 2016, 8:09:32 PM9/10/16
to Halifax Makerspace
So we've booked a studio for Saturday, Sept 17 at 3:30 for 2 hours.  There's a small midi keyboard, a mic, and Garage Band and a non-Mac-specific editing software (forget which one).  If anyone has either music or voice talent they'd like to volunteer to the project, please let us know.  The plan, after downloading a bunch of sounds that are individually good quality (thanks, Martin), but together a cacophony, is to make it a game with a several music loops, minimal sound effects, and make it a talking game (which I believe is one accepted standard for not-ancient pinball).