any local source aluminum extrusion?

Steve Dupuis

Mar 3, 2017, 6:31:18 PM3/3/17
to Halifax Makerspace

Greetings

I'm looking for some 6mm slot 2020 aluminum

Anyone know of any local sources?

Allan Carver

Mar 4, 2017, 8:39:19 AM3/4/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried Metals R Us?

---

Shawn Wilson

Mar 4, 2017, 9:34:15 AM3/4/17
to Halifax Makerspace
 I think Metal Supermarkets recently opened in HRM.  Haven't been there yet, but they seem to be a good bet.  Also, second trying Metals R Us.
Metal Supermarkets Halifax

75 MacDonald Ave Unit 5, Dartmouth, NS B3B 1T8
(902) 700-5855

https://g.co/kgs/aRDTDe

--

---

Baha Baydar

Mar 10, 2017, 9:01:12 AM3/10/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I've searched around town for the better part of 2 years for a local suppliers of 2020. So far I've turned up nothing. Some of the office furniture places use it for cubicle building, but they won't sell it by itself. Lee Valley sells T-slot tracks if you're looking to build a hold down bed.

For Canadian sources of 2020 the best I've found is https://makerparts.ca/ out of Ontario, and they also carry most of the Openbuilds line of parts.

I've also found https://snbinc.ca/store/ also in Ontario but never ordered anything from them.

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017, 19:31 Steve Dupuis <aur...@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings

I'm looking for some 6mm slot 2020 aluminum

Anyone know of any local sources?

--

---

---

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com

Steve Dupuis

Baha Baydar

Ho Wang

Mar 6, 2018, 12:24:58 PM3/6/18
to Halifax Makerspace

Hi, what was the source if you can share? thanks.

Baha Baydar

Mar 6, 2018, 2:38:32 PM3/6/18
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Eurekatek (in Lwr. Sackville) has brought in some samples of 2020, 2040, and either 3030 or 4040 and can order more in.

I've been ordering mine from https://makerparts.ca/collections/linear-rail out of Ontario.

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com