Build kits

Matt

Oct 3, 2016, 7:21:28 PM10/3/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that Princess Auto has lots of goodies, but I was surprised to see that they have build kits, including Audrino kits! I'm eyeing one, as well as the metal detector kits.

20161003_194254.jpg

Adam Smith

Oct 4, 2016, 11:03:47 AM10/4/16
to Halifax Makerspace
FYI, tinkerkit brand is in the surplus section, because it actually is surplus. The company making the product has went under and the website with documentation is offline. Some of it is available from archive.org.

Real O'Neil

Oct 4, 2016, 11:20:13 AM10/4/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Tinkerkit display kits are technically a modified form of Arduino, but requires hacking to get it to work that way and the docs are really iffy.

They used to have prototype kits for UNOs at Princess Auto, unsure if they still do.

--

---

Matthew Brewer

Oct 5, 2016, 6:16:29 AM10/5/16
to Halifax Makerspace
Good to know.  I'm pretty new to it all, so when I stumbled across the selection, I figured it might be a resource that might be usable.  Thanks for the info!

Adam Cox

Oct 5, 2016, 10:45:11 AM10/5/16
to Halifax Makerspace
I haven't bought the LCD display kit but I think I've bought the rest of the Tinkerkit stuff over at Princess Auto. For anyone just starting out the kit with the sensor shield and variety of components is a quick and easy way to learn. The proto shield is over-priced though.