soldering workshop - need more supplies

Bill Morrow

Jun 12, 2018, 7:44:19 AM6/12/18
to Halifax Makerspace
I have two LED flasher kits remaining from the soldering workshop. I would like to conduct another one ASAP, which is likely July, so need at least two more kits. It's be nice to have some inventory.

Who knows how to get more of the circuit boards fabricated? That's the task with the longest lead time. If it's you, any changes you would like to make?

It would be cool if we made them so you could swap out the capacitors to change the flashing rate, and put on some vias or pads for test points. I finished the last workshop with an impromptu exploration of the circuit with our oscilloscope. It would have gone better with a higher flash rate.

More importantly though, I would like to conduct workshops. The existing circuit is good as is.

Peter-Frank Spierenburg

Jun 14, 2018, 7:47:11 AM6/14/18
to Halifax Makerspace
Greetings Bill,

A couple of years ago, I designed a three-stage multivibrator PCB that I had intended to use as a teaching device for the Makerspace. It actually has the logo screenprinted on one face and uses red, yellow, and blue LEDs.

Here is a short video of a breadboarded version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9dfHQvuyM

Anyway, we should get together...

Peter.