Upcoming Events

Shawn Wilson

Oct 18, 2017, 8:55:26 AM10/18/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Hey all,
Reminder of upcoming events:

Thursday Oct 19 we have our first workshop.  Power Tools 101.  Anyone taking this will qualify to use all our power tools.  We will offer if periodically.  It's open to the general public too, for a fee.  See website for tickets.

Saturday Oct 21 at the Forum we have the Fix It Fair.  If you attend be sure to say 'hi'.  If you want to work it with us, let Peter know asap.

Sun, Oct 29 we will be at the Central Library 2-4pm for an Arduino Jack 'o Lantern workshop using neopixels.  Spread the word. It is free.  No experience necessary.  Ages 13+.  Just drop in.

And just a reminder that we have Open Nights/Associate Nights on Tuesdays 6-10 and Sundays 1-5, though I think we won't have it on Halloween.  Shawn will be at the one this Sunday, in case you need anything laser cut (no acrylic).  There are a number of woodworking space improvement projects to do, if anyone is interested in helping with HRM or taking them on entirely (tape organizer, mitre saw stop blocks, lumber cart).  Ask me about them if you're curious.

Have some other type of event you'd like to see offered?  Talk to us in person or email us.

Hope to see you soon,
Shawn