Discovery Centre "yard sale" coming up

Chris McDonald

Jun 9, 2016, 10:25:43 AM6/9/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

We are in the process of gutting out the workshop and storage here at the Discovery Centre. We have boxes on top of boxes of old junk to dispose of in preparation for the move to the new Discovery Centre.  Its a shame to just recycle/garbage it all. So we are having a yard sale.

Its going to be a donate what you think its worth kind of deal. We are not going to go through and put prices on everything. In my view, someone donating $20 should leave with a box of stuff. There are some items that we may post minimum donations on as they are somewhat valuable.

The date isn't firm yet, but it looks like the first Wednesday in July 4PM-8PM.

There is everything from scrap metal to medical instruments in the pile. There are glass heads, fake food, light bulbs of every size and type, boxes of random electronic components, a PLC, relays, large capacitors, component cabinets, speakers, door bells, buttons, switches, hinges, transition strips, stair nosing, various flooring, microscopes, ABS pipe, PVC pipe, acrylic tubing, EMT, various Accenta T-slot, Vinyl sheets(sign material /w grommets), model train track and parts, just to list a few items. That stuff is just from the exhibits department, other departments are selling off stuff too.

Everything is AS IS. Much of it may not be functional. Most stuff has been used. Some items look like new and are in there original packaging.

I've also come across a pile of 1/8" and 1/4" acrylic (plexiglas) scraps that is great for laser cutting, we are going to donate to the maker space.

Does the Wednesday evening work for most people? Or would a Saturday morning be better? We might also look at doing both.

Thanks,
Chris McDonald

Real O'Neil

Jun 9, 2016, 10:34:43 AM6/9/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
That sounds awesome!

--

---

Baha Baydar

Jun 9, 2016, 10:36:20 AM6/9/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I think that's a great idea. Having it on both days might be easier on people if that's a workable option.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Chris McDonald <lord...@gmail.com> wrote:

--

---

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com

Peter-Frank Spierenburg

Jun 9, 2016, 10:39:56 AM6/9/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I will be there whatever day you choose. :)

Shawn Wilson

Jun 9, 2016, 10:54:53 AM6/9/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful!   I will show up bright and early for whatever day too.

Graham Judge

Jun 9, 2016, 11:45:39 AM6/9/16
to Halifax Makerspace
Chris, are the microscopes straight scopes or boom scopes/inspection scopes?

Graham
Treasurer
HMS

Evan d'Entremont

Jun 28, 2016, 6:26:02 AM6/28/16
to Halifax Makerspace
Have you confirmed the dates?

Chris McDonald

Jun 28, 2016, 7:50:07 AM6/28/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the yardsale, or rather free give away day is confirmed for next Wednesday.

--
Chris McDonald

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 7:26 AM, Evan d'Entremont <ev...@evandentremont.com> wrote:
Have you confirmed the dates?

Baha Baydar

Jun 28, 2016, 7:53:22 AM6/28/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com

Not tomorrow, but the 6th?

Chris McDonald

Jun 28, 2016, 7:55:13 AM6/28/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Yes, July 6th.

--
Chris Mcdonald

Shawn Wilson

Jul 6, 2016, 10:01:48 AM7/6/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
What time?

Shawn Wilson

Jul 6, 2016, 10:02:23 AM7/6/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Whoops, never mind I see 4-8pm.

Real O'Neil

Jul 6, 2016, 10:03:37 AM7/6/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I assume this is just at the Center on Barrington itself?

really hoping to get glass heads for my HMDs :D

Chris McDonald

Jul 6, 2016, 10:30:49 AM7/6/16
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Yes it here at the centre from 4 to 8pm.

We are laying things out now.
 --
Chris McDonald
IMG_0381.JPG