HALBuilder 2.0.1 release?

Frederik Bülthoff

Sep 14, 2012, 12:49:26 PM9/14/12
to halbuil...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mark,

first of all I want to thank you for your great work on HALBuilder. I was wondering whether you were planning on releasing a new official build any time soon?

Frederik

Mark Derricutt

Sep 15, 2012, 7:14:43 PM9/15/12
to halbuil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frederik,

Well timed - I actually started work on HalBuilder 2.0.1 again last night:

- Separating out the API into its own repository
- Removing Guava as a dependency on the API ( this means the base API no longer exposes Optional<T>'s, or Predicates<T>'s
- Moved the use of Optional/Predicates to a new Representations helper class in halbuilder-java
- Added the initial halbuilder-scala extensions ( same as halbuilder-java, but as implicit conversions and using scala's Option[T]

2.0.1 is quite a change from 1.x in that all the classes have been renamed to be RepresentationXXX rather than ResourceXXX, and the artefact splitting.

Whilst it's a fairly big change, I don't think the changes will be that painful for people given the age of the project itself.

I should be pushing the new repositories later today all being well, then it'll be good to get some further feedback.

Mark

Frederik Bülthoff

Sep 18, 2012, 5:43:31 PM9/18/12
to halbuil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your quick response. I'll start looking into those newly created repositories right away.

Frederik

Mark Derricutt

Sep 19, 2012, 7:00:07 AM9/19/12
to halbuil...@googlegroups.com
I'm keen on hearing feedback on the direction I'm going with the changes.

With the split repositories I need to work out what to do with documentation/issues:

1) Have issues raised on each project, as relevant or
2) Also add another "documentation" or "meta" project to be a central issue repository

I think I favor a mixture, a separate doc project, but keep issues in the repos themselves - tracking the release they're in etc.