Melbourne!!!

Kirsta Hawkins

Feb 10, 2012, 1:37:27 AM2/10/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I saw that someone already posted about Melbourne, but it was a few
months ago. I just moved to the city and am in serious need of cool
people with which to hang out. Hopefully there are a couple
hairpinner-types out there? What do you think? Let's make it happen!

miss maybe

Feb 11, 2012, 7:20:18 AM2/11/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
ooooh I saw that too but it took me a while to step out of my lurker
shoes. Now that they're off I would like to shout "YOU'RE NOT ALONE!"
I'd totally be up for meeting awesome people since after 18 months
here my social circle is still seriously lacking.

alice edmonds

Feb 12, 2012, 11:30:50 PM2/12/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
hey! any friend of the hairpin is a friend of mine!
always super jealous of the international hairpinner meet ups, time
for our own!

my email is alice....@gmail.com

Kirsta Hawkins

Feb 16, 2012, 3:18:56 AM2/16/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Where should we meet? I'm up in THornbury, but I'm pretty happy to go
anywhere. Drinks?

Denise

Feb 28, 2012, 10:36:11 PM2/28/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Oh I would love this! I hope that I'm not too late to get in on the
'pin action? Saw that Thornbury was mentioned, I'm in Brunswick so
nice and near :)

On Feb 13, 3:30 pm, alice edmonds <alice.edmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hey! any friend of the hairpin is a friend of mine!
> always super jealous of the international hairpinner meet ups, time
> for our own!
>
> my email is alice.edmo...@gmail.com
>
> On Feb 10, 5:37 pm, Kirsta Hawkins <kirstahawk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I saw that someone already posted aboutMelbourne, but it was a few

Romy

Mar 12, 2012, 10:15:30 PM3/12/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Did this ever happen? AM I TOO LATE?
If not, let's get this going, asap!

I'm also in Brunswick, but the CBD is probably easier.

On Feb 10, 5:37 pm, Kirsta Hawkins <kirstahawk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw that someone already posted aboutMelbourne, but it was a few

Denise

Mar 13, 2012, 6:23:01 PM3/13/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Romy,

I'm keen to get this started, but it could be just you and me! If we host it, they will come....?

Laura Byrne

Mar 13, 2012, 6:25:15 PM3/13/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I'll come! I'm keen to make this happen... (Hope this post works, on my phone
and its prone to malfunctioning)
Laura Faye

Romy

Mar 14, 2012, 6:25:48 PM3/14/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Great! I'll just throw a date out there, more than happy to change it of course, but let's say the 12th of April, which is a Thursday. That'll give the others in this thread some more time to check back in with us as well.

Any ideas for where to have it? The first thing that came to mind for me was Cookie.

Denise

Mar 14, 2012, 10:17:35 PM3/14/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Hey Romy, thanks for getting it going!

Can't make 12th April though, I'll be away for a few weeks around that time. Dead keen mind you and I agree with leaving others on the thread time to get involved. Any chance Thurs 26th April could work instead? Sorry to be a pain but would love to get in on the ground floor! I agree with Cookie, great place. We can work our way right to the top of Curtin House! If the new date doesn't work, that's cool, I can catch the next one instead :)

Romy

Mar 15, 2012, 8:11:46 PM3/15/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
April 26 it is then, at Cookie!

Kate Eddy (just on the email list)

Mar 19, 2012, 2:24:35 AM3/19/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm in - see you there - what time?

Kate :)

Romy

Mar 19, 2012, 7:01:37 PM3/19/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Let's say 7.30? Again, totally open for other suggestions if the date/time/place don't suit!

Kirsta Hawkins

Mar 24, 2012, 7:03:49 AM3/24/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Yay I didn't miss it! I haven't checked back in a while, glad I did.
I'll come too :)

On Mar 19, 5:24 pm, "Kate Eddy (just on the email list)"
<kate.e...@wilderness.org.au> wrote:
> I'm in - see you there - what time?
>
> Kate :)
>
> On Mar 16, 11:11 am, Romy <sister...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > April 26 it is then, at Cookie!
>
> > On Friday, February 10, 2012 5:37:27 PM UTC+11, Kirsta Hawkins wrote:
>
> > > I saw that someone already posted aboutMelbourne, but it was a few

Amanda

Mar 29, 2012, 7:50:19 PM3/29/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
AHHHHHH NOOOOO I'm moving to Melbourne from Texas on May 1st and I
only know like one person kind of on the entire continent? And I don't
even know if she'll be there when I get there? So what I'm saying is
I'm devastated that I'm missing this meet up by just a few days but
please please promise to have another one shortly after so hopefully I
can meet all of you lovely people and not be friendless for months and
months!?

Hope my desperation isn't too obvious...

Kirsta Hawkins

Apr 8, 2012, 1:24:30 AM4/8/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Amanda,
I just moved here from Arizona, I totally feel you! I've been here
for about 4 months. Let's be friends??

On Mar 30, 9:50 am, Amanda <amanda.goeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> AHHHHHH NOOOOO I'm moving toMelbournefrom Texas on May 1st and I

Romy

Apr 10, 2012, 9:22:16 PM4/10/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone!

I booked a table at Cookie for Thursday the 26th at 7.30PM, under my name (Romy Bundy). I'll post my phone number closer to the date, as well as a way to recognize me/us -- I was thinking some kind of giant hairpin but I don't know how to get/make one!

Amanda- I'm totally on board with making this a regular thing so check back here once you've arrived :)

Romy

Laura Byrne

Apr 10, 2012, 9:28:35 PM4/10/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I like your style Romy. Looking forward to it

Laura Faye

Apr 14, 2012, 2:26:13 PM4/14/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Kirsta- (great name btw) Yes!! Can I email you? It would great to at
least kind of get to know someone before I arrive!

Romy, thanks, that makes me feel less bitter that I'll be missing the
first one. I def will check back up in a few weeks.  Hope y'all have a
great time. :)

PS: Why do I suck so much at understanding google group forums and
how they work?

Kirsta Hawkins

Apr 18, 2012, 1:59:18 AM4/18/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Thanks and yeah, let's be email pen pals! Your message sent to my
email, but maybe I didn't respond correctly? I am also always worried
that when I post something in this group it's going to make a new post
on the main page... the internet confuses me.

Laura Byrne

Apr 18, 2012, 2:01:56 AM4/18/12
to Kirsta Hawkins, hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I signed up for email notifications. Sometimes it gets annoying with all the nyc and chigaco pin up activity but it ensures I don't miss the all important melbourne thread.
Laura Faye

Apr 22, 2012, 9:41:29 PM4/22/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I was just about to complain about how confusing google groups is,
when I noticed that you can switch back to the old view which is WAY
easier to navigate.

Anyway! My phone number is 0451 081 528 -- you can call me if you're
late, can't find the venue (it's on the first floor of Curtin House)
or can't find our table. I'm going to try and get a helium balloon
(the most ridiculous one I can find) to tie to the table so everyone
can easily spot it, but otherwise just ask for the table under my
name, I guess!

See you all on Thursday!

Kirsta Hawkins

Apr 25, 2012, 10:17:46 PM4/25/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Excellent! See you there. I agree, the layout is confusing.. I never
know if I am responding to the group or just a person or whatever??
I'll try the old view.

Romy

Apr 26, 2012, 4:58:39 AM4/26/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
My tram didn't show so I might be a bit late, sorry!

On Apr 26, 12:17 pm, Kirsta Hawkins <kirstahawk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Excellent!  See you there.  I agree, the layout is confusing.. I never
> know if I am responding to the group or just a person or whatever??
> I'll try the old view.
>
> On Apr 23, 11:41 am, Romy <sister...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I was just about to complain about how confusing google groups is,
> > when I noticed that you can switch back to the old view which is WAY
> > easier to navigate.
>
> > Anyway! My phone number is0451 081 528-- you can call me if you're

Romy

Apr 30, 2012, 8:15:36 PM4/30/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Hey everyone!

It was so great meeting all of you last week, I had a lot of fun.

To make sure everyone (that means you too, Amanda!) can come to this
month's get together, I thought it would be best to pick a date now.
How is Thursday the 24th? Is Thursday even a good night for everyone?

And if anyone can think of a place that isn't as noisy as Cookie, that
would be great too :)

- Romy

Laura Byrne

Apr 30, 2012, 8:57:21 PM4/30/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
24th works for me!
What about the penny black on sudney rd? Has a pretty good beer garden.

Denise

Apr 30, 2012, 10:39:12 PM4/30/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Romy, great work on starting it all over again :)

I don't know if I can make Thurs 24th yet, as I may or may not be travelling for work (love my work, but they tend to be a bit vague til the last minute). Please don't move on my account though, since I'm not really sure yet when I'll be travelling! The Penny Black from my experience is pretty noisy as well but that was a Friday so should be a bit quieter on Thursday!

Denise

On Friday, February 10, 2012 5:37:27 PM UTC+11, Kirsta Hawkins wrote:
I saw that someone already posted about Melbourne, but it was a few

Kirsta Hawkins

May 4, 2012, 5:37:45 AM5/4/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Sounds good to me! What kind of food do people like? Anyone down for
Chinese and/or dumplings?

Kirsta Hawkins

May 6, 2012, 8:12:01 PM5/6/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Penny Black sounds good too :) I didn't even see this newer page of
messages, I'm starting to think I'm google group impaired.

Romy

May 6, 2012, 8:16:21 PM5/6/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm up for either, there are lots of other places around Penny Black
as well, so we could always move somewhere else.

Penny Black it is then, unless anyone else has a better suggestion.
Definitely up for Chinese next time as well!

Denise

May 6, 2012, 11:22:43 PM5/6/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Ugh! This Google groups thing is one of the most user unfriendly internet sites I've ever navigated! I'm in for the 24th as well at the Penny Black (my work has, once again, changed their mind about my travel dates). See you all there!

Amanda

May 16, 2012, 9:01:40 PM5/16/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Ahh thanks, Romy! I had to delay my trip but will finally arrive on
the 23rd!

I'll have about a day and a half before the meet up to semi-recover
from the 15ish hour long plane ride(s) and jet lag. I will definitely
be there (though I can't promise that I won't be some degree of
delirious) or that I won't get lost on the way there but I'm excited!
Can't wait to finally be in Oz and to meet y'all. :)

Romy

May 17, 2012, 5:15:00 AM5/17/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Just in time, that's great!

I booked a table for 8 people at 7.30 -- it's an inside table but
hopefully not too noisy...

Sylvie van Twest

May 21, 2012, 8:44:31 AM5/21/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
ooohhhh i had no idea there were pinups for melbourne!
count me in for the next one (please, please have another!)

Sylvie van Twest

May 21, 2012, 8:59:34 AM5/21/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
ah right you are having another...still can't work these google
groups.
24th works for me

Amanda

May 23, 2012, 10:08:19 PM5/23/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Romy, is the reservation under your name?

Romy

May 23, 2012, 10:12:34 PM5/23/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Yep, under Romy Bundy. If you can't find us, my phone number is 0451
081 528

Denise

May 31, 2012, 10:26:49 PM5/31/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone!

Lovely to catch up again last week. I really like Kirsta's idea to get some chinese next time. How would June 29th work? It's a Friday, which may or may not suit some people, I'd love a chance to meet up not on one of my school nights! Perhaps a cheeky drink somewhere in town before / after as well. Hands up who's been to the Croft Institute? Or Section 8? Gin Palace, Red Hummingbird? So many lovely bars! If this date / suggestion doesn't work for you guys, no worries though.

I'm going to throw it out there and suggest Sichuan House in Chinatown (Corrs Lane) for food. Any other suggestions for some good nosh? Any other dates suit better?

Denise

Genny

Jun 1, 2012, 8:44:55 AM6/1/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I just stumbled across this little group. I'm in for the next one, so
nice to see you ladies making plans. I've lived here for only 3
months, and it's time to get social. Melbourne is a long way from
anywhere else. Thank god it's a wonderful place to be, right? I stole
that from the casual cyclist's guide. And there are so so many lovely
bars. Chinese sounds swell.

zealous...@hotmail.com

Jun 1, 2012, 9:09:16 PM6/1/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I am liking this idea. I also havent been to any of those places
you;ve mentioned so I'm keen.

Romy

Jun 3, 2012, 6:40:30 AM6/3/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
29th and Chinese sound great!

Kirsta Hawkins

Jun 8, 2012, 4:24:47 AM6/8/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm in! Do you know if Sichuan House takes reservations? It might be
a little crazy to try and get a table on a Friday night if they
don't. My favorite Chinese is Hutong Dumpling Bar and they definitely
take reservations. But really either one, yum! Also yay for drinks,
I'm excited to try some new places.

Denise

Jun 11, 2012, 10:12:41 PM6/11/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
An excellent point Kirsta, I've never tried reserving a table there. And Hutong is delicious, so lets eat there instead! So, by my count, at the moment a table for 6 should be enough. Any folk out there sitting on the fence, who would like to come along, drop me a line and let me know! I'll make a booking later in the week and come back onto the group with the time and meet up place.

svan...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2012, 6:52:55 AM6/19/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com

count me in! chinese + drinks = win
sylvie

Denise

Jun 20, 2012, 12:55:08 AM6/20/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com

Hello folks!

Hope that everyone’s rugging up for the cold snap that’s hit us. I’ve booked a table at Hutong Dumpling Bar for 8.15 pm on Friday 29th June. I’m going to suggest New Gold Mountain as a meet up place for a drink beforehand, any time after 7 pm. Of course, if you’d just like to go straight to Hutong that’s fine too! The table’s booked for 6 people, so anyone else who would like to come along, let me know!

So details at, http://www.hutong.com.au/ and http://newgoldmountain.org/NGM/New_Gold_Mountain.html

See you all soon!

Denise
Message has been deleted

kirsta...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2012, 11:26:03 PM6/23/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I'll see you all for drinks at 7ish.  I'm excited because I'm never very good at planning ahead of time for Hutong, you always need a reservation it seems.

On a random side note, I just read this article: http://www.the-beheld.com/2012/06/girl-talk.html and I'm interested to see if anyone else has felt this way.  I found much of what she says relatable, I can be so clueless at small talk sometimes.  What do you think?

Denise

Jun 26, 2012, 4:18:51 AM6/26/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I'd not seen this article, it was really interesting. I had read the first one Autumn mentions at The Rumpus, and thought it was great. I agree, small talk is a bit of a black art to me sometimes! I thought it was a fantastic article because I find that moving from small talk to real talk can be a big leap of faith, especially when the Autumn makes that comment about seeing what she (I) bring to the table in terms of friendship. It's a great article to use to bridge the gap though as it puts it right out on the table, I look forward to chatting some more about it on Friday!

My phone number is 0449048692, in case anyone needs to text for directions / or whereabouts I'm propping up the bar! See you Friday

Romy

Jun 28, 2012, 8:43:22 PM6/28/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
That was a very interesting article, especially since like Autumn I
didn't relate to the Rumpus article. So it sucks that I'm going to
miss this interesting conversation but unfortunately something's come
up and I can't make it to drinks & dumplings tonight :(

Hope you guys have fun!

On Jun 26, 6:18 pm, Denise <denisewal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd not seen this article, it was really interesting. I had read the first
> one Autumn mentions at The Rumpus, and thought it was great. I agree, small
> talk is a bit of a black art to me sometimes! I thought it was a fantastic
> article because I find that moving from small talk to real talk can be a
> big leap of faith, especially when the Autumn makes that comment about
> seeing what she (I) bring to the table in terms of friendship. It's a great
> article to use to bridge the gap though as it puts it right out on the
> table, I look forward to chatting some more about it on Friday!
>
> My phone number is 0449048692, in case anyone needs to text for directions
> / or whereabouts I'm propping up the bar! See you Friday
>

> On Sunday, June 24, 2012 1:26:03 PM UTC+10, kirsta...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I'll see you all for drinks at 7ish.  I'm excited because I'm never very
> > good at planning ahead of time for Hutong, you always need a reservation it
> > seems.
>
> > On a random side note, I just read this article:
> >http://www.the-beheld.com/2012/06/girl-talk.htmland I'm interested to

Bethany

Jun 30, 2012, 4:40:54 AM6/30/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Google groups - how does it work? Just discovered these are happening in Melbourne and I'm excited! I'll be up for the next one too - just missed last night's it seems...

hellerst...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2012, 4:42:51 AM7/13/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Not to get all subject changy, but I'm moving to Melbourne in January, know absolutely nothing, and therefore can't think of a better place to solicit unsolicited opinions about where to be looking to live on a shoe string graduate school stipend, and frankly anything else you might be willing to tell me.

Thanks!

kirsta...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2012, 8:44:11 PM7/19/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, hellerst...@gmail.com
I'm not sure which is the cheapest, most of the inner city suburbs can be expensive.  Have you looked into share houses?  I'd say that's your best bet, most of my friends do that and it's usually pretty reasonable.  Good luck!

I hope everyone else is doing well too, I can't believe it's July..

Romy

Jul 25, 2012, 3:24:32 AM7/25/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Alright, let's plan another one! Did Friday work out well for
everyone? I was thinking maybe the 17th of August. Does that work for
everyone? Anyone have a suggestion for a place for drinks and food?

kirsta...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2012, 9:29:04 PM7/29/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Friday is good for me!  We have friends in town for two weeks starting Aug 15, so maybe if we wanted to do the week before (or after??) that would work for me.  Or I'll could just skip this one and see y'all next time.

Denise

Jul 29, 2012, 10:29:24 PM7/29/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com
Hi guys, I'll be on my hols for all of those dates suggested (off to Thailand - lucky me!) so will get the next one. Have fun!

Denise

svan...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2012, 6:43:04 AM7/30/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com
 17th would work for me

Romy

Aug 1, 2012, 1:52:12 AM8/1/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Sounds like a lot of people are away or busy this month, so let's skip
August and try again in September. How is Friday the 14th?

Laura Byrne

Aug 1, 2012, 11:21:27 PM8/1/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
September 14 should work for me.

> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 22:52:12 -0700

> Subject: [Hairpin 'Pinups] Re: Melbourne!!!
Message has been deleted

Genny

Aug 2, 2012, 7:38:27 AM8/2/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I want in for sep 14, I keep missing these things but really want to make it to the next one. What suburb?

Romy

Aug 2, 2012, 6:19:42 PM8/2/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
We generally meet in the CBD because it's easiest to get to for everyone, but we've also gone to a pub in Brunswick. Whereabouts do you live?

svan...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2012, 8:33:07 PM8/4/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
sept 14 would work for me

Denise

Aug 5, 2012, 7:44:18 PM8/5/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, svan...@gmail.com
I can do the 14th September, CBD sounds good to me.

Genny

Aug 16, 2012, 8:57:09 PM8/16/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I'm just between Gertrude and the Fitzroy Gardens, so the CBD works just fine, Friday Sept 14th is on then?

On Friday, August 3, 2012 8:19:42 AM UTC+10, Romy wrote:
Message has been deleted

Romy

Aug 26, 2012, 8:44:30 PM8/26/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com
Hi everyone,

I don't really have time to organize these things anymore, so it would be great if someone else can take over!

Thanks,
Romy

kirsta...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2012, 7:34:09 PM8/27/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com
I'm in too!  Just wanted to leave a quick message, I'd be happy to organize reservations.  I'll think of something and get back to everyone.

kirsta...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2012, 8:31:59 PM9/4/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com

How do you ladies feel about doing something in Fitzroy?  Maybe Bimbos or Naked for Satan?  I've never been to Naked for Satan but wanted to try it for a long time, does anyone know if they do reservations?

Genny

Sep 4, 2012, 11:52:37 PM9/4/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com
Fitzroy would be great, I work on Brunswick, and I've always been curious about that place. Not sure about reservations there though.

Romy

Sep 5, 2012, 2:37:36 AM9/5/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com
Ugh, they're making Google Groups more complicated every day!

I've been meaning to try Naked for Satan for a while as well, so I'm up for it.

kirsta...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2012, 2:50:40 AM9/6/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com
I called and they don't accept reservations, but the lady said if we show up before 7:30, we should be able to get a table easy enough.  Does 7 pm sound ok for everyone?

Denise

Sep 6, 2012, 9:48:05 PM9/6/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com
Hey I won't be able to make it. Enjoy!

Denise

svan...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2012, 8:16:30 PM9/7/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com

On Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:50:40 PM UTC+10, kirsta...@gmail.com wrote:
Message has been deleted

Romy

Sep 10, 2012, 2:53:44 AM9/10/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm not a 100% sure that I can make it but I'm going to try my very
best!

Genny

Romy

Sep 12, 2012, 11:31:32 PM9/12/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I can't make it, hope you guys have fun!

kirsta...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2012, 11:51:33 PM9/12/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Maybe we should reschedule for next week instead?  Does Thursday Sept 20 work for anyone?

Sylvie van Twest

Sep 13, 2012, 6:04:32 PM9/13/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
i can't do sept 20, but i am free the following night.

LeaseyP

Nov 18, 2012, 4:52:19 AM11/18/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com
Hola 'pinners! I'm super late to the game, but is there another Melbourne pinup planned? I'm keen beans if someone else is!

Lisa

annelie...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2013, 9:52:52 PM1/20/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com, lisa.p...@gmail.com
And I am even later to the pinup game! Did you receive any responses Lisa? I too am keen beans.

Bridget

Jan 22, 2013, 1:17:19 AM1/22/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com, lisa.p...@gmail.com, annelie...@gmail.com
I'm keen too!  how would mid feb be?  We could go to Cookie if everyone's not sick of that?  Look forward to meeting people!

Annelies Allcock

Jan 22, 2013, 4:05:52 AM1/22/13
to Bridget, hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com, lisa.p...@gmail.com
Cookie is an excellent suggestion. I also like the look of The Moat (website here: http://themoat.com.au/). How would mid- to late-Feb be? It might give people more of a chance to see this... (Really, I'm just being selfish in making this suggestion, as I'm away for the middle part of February).

Bridget Vincent

Jan 22, 2013, 11:55:25 PM1/22/13
to Annelies Allcock, hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com, lisa.p...@gmail.com
Moat sounds great! How about round the last week of Feb? Say Fri 22nd?  Look forward to meeting you and anyone else who would like to come! Bridget

Jan 23, 2013, 12:13:02 AM1/23/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, Annelies Allcock, kirsta...@gmail.com, lisa.p...@gmail.com, Bridget Vincent
Ah! Planning has happened! This is what happens when I'm lazy and don't check my email for a week.

The 22nd at Moat works for me.

svan...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2013, 3:52:03 PM1/23/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Feb 22 @ moat works for me

annelie...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2013, 9:25:54 PM1/23/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, svan...@gmail.com
Awesome! See you all then! :)

theresa...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2013, 6:06:06 AM1/24/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, svan...@gmail.com, annelie...@gmail.com
Alas! I shall be in Canberra at the Royal Agricultural Show (yup, that's what I do for fun with friends/boyfriend on the weekends sometime... can you tell I'm not an Aussie?).

I'll keep an eye out for the March meet!

Kate Eddy

Jan 30, 2013, 5:20:21 AM1/30/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kirsta...@gmail.com
See you on the 22nd - super excited!

Kate Eddy

Jan 30, 2013, 5:21:12 AM1/30/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, svan...@gmail.com, annelie...@gmail.com
Great - what time?

bridget...@yahoo.co.uk

Feb 14, 2013, 1:48:24 AM2/14/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, svan...@gmail.com, annelie...@gmail.com
Hi everyone!  I made a booking for 7:30 at Moat on the 22nd Feb - does that work for everybody?  Look forward to meeting you!  Bridget

hellerst...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2013, 8:15:18 PM2/16/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, svan...@gmail.com, annelie...@gmail.com, bridget...@yahoo.co.uk
Hey is it cool if a dude shows up?

I'm FOB by two weeks, looking for good reasons to leave the exotic locale that is Clayton.

mary...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2013, 10:33:09 PM2/16/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, svan...@gmail.com, annelie...@gmail.com, bridget...@yahoo.co.uk, hellerst...@gmail.com
Hey, hey, if there is room for one more I'd be interested in joining you all on the 22nd. Newish to Melbourne (reside in lovely Northcote) and interested in meeting some cool folks. If not, I'll be in the lookout for a March/April one (I hope?)

Sylvie van Twest

Feb 17, 2013, 4:34:35 AM2/17/13
to mary...@gmail.com, hairpin...@googlegroups.com, annelie...@gmail.com, bridget...@yahoo.co.uk, hellerst...@gmail.com
Works for me! No objections to dudes

Bethany

Feb 18, 2013, 4:48:50 PM2/18/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, mary...@gmail.com, annelie...@gmail.com, bridget...@yahoo.co.uk, hellerst...@gmail.com, svan...@gmail.com
Hi all, room for (yet another) one more? I've rustled up the courage to come and meet some new people :)

Romy Bundy

Feb 18, 2013, 5:46:01 PM2/18/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, mary...@gmail.com, annelie...@gmail.com, bridget...@yahoo.co.uk, hellerst...@gmail.com, svan...@gmail.com
Hey everyone, I might try and stop by as well! It's been a while since we've had a Hairpin meetup, should be fun :)

gollygo...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2013, 8:17:35 AM2/21/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, mary...@gmail.com, annelie...@gmail.com, bridget...@yahoo.co.uk, hellerst...@gmail.com, svan...@gmail.com
Hi all!  Didn't know about this board, but two more people coming tomorrow!

Mary Baldwin

Feb 21, 2013, 3:05:08 PM2/21/13
to gollygo...@gmail.com, hellerst...@gmail.com, bridget...@yahoo.co.uk, hairpin...@googlegroups.com, svan...@gmail.com, annelie...@gmail.com

Forgot I am helping run a work event today, hopefully
I can still make it but it may run over.

lisa.p...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2013, 5:25:16 PM2/21/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, gollygo...@gmail.com, hellerst...@gmail.com, bridget...@yahoo.co.uk, svan...@gmail.com, annelie...@gmail.com
Gah. I am under the weather, so I will be at home tonight, keeping my germs to myself.

Have fun tonight, 'Pinners! I'll keep an eye out for a March meet up.

Kate Eddy (just on the email list)

Feb 21, 2013, 11:36:07 PM2/21/13
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Looking forward to tonight. How will I recognise the Pinners? Is the
table booked under Bridget's name?

On Feb 22, 9:25 am, lisa.purn...@gmail.com wrote:
> Gah. I am under the weather, so I will be at home tonight, keeping my germs
> to myself.
>
> Have fun tonight, 'Pinners! I'll keep an eye out for a March meet up.
>

> On Friday, February 22, 2013 7:05:08 AM UTC+11, Mary B wrote:
>
> > Forgot I am helping run a work event today, hopefully
> > I can still make it but it may run over.
It is loading more messages.