Chicago Hairpin Helped this Happen!

midwestacce...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2014, 2:23:05 PM9/30/14
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Hey Hairpinners! Remember when Chicago used to have Pinups? Well, a couple of years ago, two Hairpinners met at a Chicago Pinup and struck up a great feminist friendship. Since then we've had a lot of fun comparing notes on jobs, dudes, and how to make the best seitan. It actually wasn't until recently that we had an idea about starting a pro-choice non-profit together, but here we are--- living the dream! We wanted to tell you all because you helped bring us together!

If you're interested, our new organization is called the Midwest Access Coalition. Our mission is to provide accommodation and support to those who travel to Chicago to access a safe, legal abortion when prohibitive legislation in their home state limits access closer to home.

If that strikes your fancy, please come meet us at our (cheap!) inaugural fundraiser on Thursday, October 9th from 6-10 PM in Bucktown. The fundraiser will be a Bingo Benefit with fantastic Renegade Craft Fair-sourced prizes, Handlebar catering, and adult beverages! Please check out more details and RSVP here. When you follow the RSVP link there is also more information about our values, mission, and goals!

And if you live far away (or right in our hood), you can still 'like' us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter: @MidwestAccess

Thanks for bringing us together! <3 Bridget & Leah