Haiku wish list

Mare Chitko

Oct 17, 2011, 8:46:55 AM10/17/11
to haik...@googlegroups.com

Holy Angels Haiku wish list:

Discussion groups allow the teacher to place a time limit during which input may be accepted but Wiki projects do not. There should be a mechanism by which a teacher can close them out.

To be able to see total grades/points for categories (i.e. homework, tests, projects etc).
It would be helpful if we could see the quarter grades from first semester teacher as we are determining if a student will pass for the year.
I would like to see subcategories on the gradebook page.
Can we have a windowpane freeze (as in excel) for scrolling across a spreadsheet such as the one in gradebook?
I would like to be able to put grades in color....example make-ups in green, not too good grades in orange and failing grades in red.

It would be nice to use the annotator on Powerpoint presentations.  I use a Powerpoint to write notes and sometimes post it and ask the girls to do work on it.  The nice part about it is we can “write” with the pen - especially important for math symbols.
Annotator compatibility with PowerPoint. Yes, I too agree that we need an easier way to use the annotator with Power Point submissions.

I would like to be able to copy assignments from one class to another. Please (This would be a drop down selection--just like when you want to move a page. In any given class, you could make an assignment and w/o leaving that page, post it to all appropriate classes. This would be SUCH a user-friendly “Haiku move.”)

I would like to be able to upload multiple photos as once.  Right now I have to upload photos one at a time! (folder upload, like in Google.)

II would like a lesson planner, an eight day lesson planner which would bump all the plans forward if we had a snow day

Mare Chitko|Technology Integration Coordinator

Academy of the Holy Angels

201.768.7822 x255

abickford

Oct 17, 2011, 10:24:01 AM10/17/11
to Haiku LMS Users Group
A small one here:
Can sidebar navigation be links?

Carl Hutzler

Oct 17, 2011, 10:22:46 AM10/17/11
to haik...@googlegroups.com
I would like to "second" these two below.

On Oct 17, 2011, at 8:46 AM, Mare Chitko wrote:

To be able to see total grades/points for categories (i.e. homework, tests, projects etc).

Santonastaso, Mario

Oct 17, 2011, 10:56:02 AM10/17/11
to haik...@googlegroups.com

Another feature that would be useful is the ability to generate reports of class file/content storage so admins can work with teachers to reduce storage that may be causing overages.

Thanks,

Mario