[HBase] Can we add a column dynamically?

Zahir Kali

Aug 12, 2014, 11:02:01 AM8/12/14
to hadoop-user-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
i am begenner in HBase and my question is verry simple.
can i add a new column to a table already existing (dynamically)?

Thanks for you help.
Sofiane.

Balázs Kossovics

Aug 12, 2014, 11:15:31 AM8/12/14
to hadoop-user-...@googlegroups.com
columns are maintained per row basis, so yes, you can.
however you cannot add new column families without disabling your table