Yet another prop solicitation: working computers/displays

Justin Reese

Jul 3, 2013, 4:14:44 PM7/3/13
to hack...@googlegroups.com
I'll stop doing this eventually.

We have need for a couple working computer terminals as props for a multi-day shoot in a hot garage. By computer terminals, I mean:

1. Working computers that can drive display(s)
2. Working displays

We'll take either or both of the above, of course preference for a working pair. OS doesn't matter. Speed doesn't matter. All that really matters is that they can boot up and we can fake an interface on them (either writing an app directly for the OS, or a local HTML file that fakes an interface).

If you have something, can you email a picture/description to me directly at jus...@justinreese.com?

We'll take good care of your machines, but we absolutely can't guarantee anything, so please only offer stuff you wouldn't necessarily mind coming home with a purple heart.

Thank you friends.

- Justin

Justin Reese

Jul 3, 2013, 4:16:18 PM7/3/13
to hack...@googlegroups.com
Including, btw, laptops. Especially something ThinkPad-esque.

Jeffrey Mills

Jul 3, 2013, 5:32:58 PM7/3/13
to hack...@googlegroups.com
I've got an old G4 MacBook. It runs but you may need to keep it plugged in, the battery won't last long.

-Jeff

Sent from my iPhone

Zach Dunton

Jul 11, 2013, 6:21:59 PM7/11/13
to hack...@googlegroups.com
How many do you need? I've got 4 monitors sitting around my apartment and a few more at work, all with corresponding computers.

Justin Reese

Jul 13, 2013, 6:55:11 PM7/13/13
to hack...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Zach. At this point I *think* we're good to go. We seem to have the right ratio of computers to monitors. I'll actually be setting everything up mid-next week, if any of them flake out or don't work, I'll give you a holler.

Thanks!

- Justin