eCommerce options

Jeff M

Jul 1, 2013, 10:51:58 PM7/1/13
to hack...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know of a commerce/shopping cart that would allow a store owner to show one price to the casual viewer and a different price for a logged in member?

I have a client that wants wholesalers to be able to log in and get a separate price from us normal folk and the only thing I could find with a google search was for wine distributors.

Also, when is the next meet up? I always miss them because I teach evenings so we need a summer one just for me

Igrowbeards

Jul 1, 2013, 11:06:30 PM7/1/13
to hack...@googlegroups.com
I don't know of anything that does that out of the box, hopefully someone else will though.

Justin
Sent from my phone

Chad Hutchins

Jul 1, 2013, 11:47:44 PM7/1/13
to hack...@googlegroups.com
Looks like Shopify may provide something that will accomplish what you're looking for. Read #3: http://support.shopify.com/customer/portal/articles/75449-can-i-offer-wholesale-

Looks like they accomplish it with a free Shopify plugin: https://apps.shopify.com/lockdown

Christopher Groskopf

Jul 2, 2013, 9:02:52 AM7/2/13
to hack...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jeff, I can't answer your eCommerce question. Regarding a meetup, I'm travelling this next week, but would like to plan something for later in July or possibly early August. If anyone has suggestions for a location/format feel free to toss them out!

Cheers,

Jeffrey Mills

Jul 2, 2013, 4:11:20 PM7/2/13
to hack...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chad! That may be just what I need.

For the meet up, I'm going to suggest The Rack (I think thats the name) by Steinmart. I haven't been there yet, but went to an event they catered with candied bacon plus I hear there's a good beer selection. Or I'm always up for Julian's as well. Anyone want to suggest an evening to go?

-Jeff

Justin Reese

Jul 2, 2013, 4:31:43 PM7/2/13
to hack...@googlegroups.com
Can't speak to The Rack's food, but the beer selection is off the chain. However, I was unpleasantly unhappy with a recent flight I got there, and initially blamed unlucky beer choices (I'd gambled on some new ones) but later heard from others that they may not manage their kegs properly. Would be a shame, because the actual tap selection is pretty great. So, no idea, but the selection is good enough to gamble again.

They have great happy hour deals too on M-F from 4-7. That flight of 5 roomy beer samples comes down to $6. Great way to have a tasting session. Check it out: http://www.theracktexas.com/#!events/cfs

I know we typically shoot for 7 or after, but we could start things at 6 for the earlycomers and just stay until bored.

- Justin

Christopher Groskopf

Jul 2, 2013, 4:34:06 PM7/2/13
to hack...@googlegroups.com
I hit the Rack a few weeks ago and had a reasonably mediocre experience. The list of beers was nice, but they did seem off. The food was similarly well thought out, but poorly executed. The service was a well-intentioned mess. If I had to guess, I'd say its somebodies first restaurant--full of good ideas, but no idea what's involved in making them happen.

All that being said, I'd try it again and starting earlier would be fine by me.

Jeffrey Mills

Jul 2, 2013, 7:29:24 PM7/2/13
to hack...@googlegroups.com
I'm at Julian's for the BScene party and the manager Matt says he would do some sort of drink or appetizer special for us if we wanted to meet here.

So, since the reviews of the rack haven't been spectacular I'm voting for Julian's.

Anyone for that one evening the week of the 15th perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone

Justin Reese

Jul 3, 2013, 12:04:59 PM7/3/13
to hack...@googlegroups.com
Hey, you should tell Matt to join Hack Tyler. He was a fellow nerd once!

I'd be okay with Julian's… last few times I've been there, the atmosphere hasn't seemed conducive to group conversation (mildly clubby), whereas at least The Rack has those massive outdoor tables. But Julian's too has a good beer selection, and I like Matt's offer. I'm truly down with whatever, especially because the week of the 15th is probably no good for me. :D We shoot the 18th-22nd so all spare time will be spent on final prep.

- Justin