Today: Free Stanley's + Be in a movie

Justin Reese

Jun 1, 2014, 12:55:56 PM6/1/14
to hack...@googlegroups.com
Nice subject line, eh?

I just heard that a film crew from Austin is shooting in Tyler today and needs 10 extras. Stanley’s is opening just for them (dunno if they’re shooting there or not), so if you’re interested, meet at Stanley’s at 1pm. This is basically all I know, except that it’s legit and that they’re buying lunch. Call Brittany at 954-647-4826 for more info.

I likely won’t be able to go because of family stuff, but anyone else should go who wants (1) to contribute time and face to an indie film, and (2) free Stanley’s. But your motivation should be mostly #1, you hungry artless monster.

– Justin

Jacob Lindsey

Jun 2, 2014, 1:19:26 PM6/2/14
to hack...@googlegroups.com
I won't be able to make it either but I found out a little bit of information about the project. They have been filming on the square for the past hour or so and I caught one of the crew members off to the side and got the name of the film from him. It's called East Texas Trials.

From what I can gather it's a crime thriller filmed here and in Austin.

Links:

Tagline from that document: "STORY: A veteran reporter searches for the truth behind the largest child-sex ring in Texas history."