Call for Applications: SPRING Business Accelerator.

Muthuri

Feb 12, 2015, 4:34:17 AM2/12/15
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com

Greetings!

My name is Muthuri Kinyamu from GrowthAfrica, we run cohort based business incubation and acceleration programming for local start-ups focused on creating a  positive impact beyond just profit.

We - GrowthAfrica are local partners in the SPRING consortium sponsored by DFID, USAID and NIKE Foundation to stimulate a new value chain of innovative and life-enhancing products that address the economic needs of girl.  The main aim of SPRING is to accelerate economic empowerment for girls aged 10-19 years, through the delivery of technical and financial support to early stage enterprises developing innovative products and services that enable girls to learn, save, invest and stay safe.  SPRING’s business accelerator provides financial planning, world-class mentors, and leading experts in business growth, design, and marketing and a variable grant funding of an average of USD $80,000 per business to support growth and scale.

I am reaching out to you as a potential entrepreneur and for your help in spreading the word around SPRING to other entrepreneurs and partners who would be interested in the opportunity.

The call for applications is OPEN here and we are now looking for businesses in Kenya that would benefit from the ability to prototype and enhance products and business models, to be even more successful in reaching girls.

We will also be hosting information sharing sessions across cities in Kenya to articulate the key issues that girls face and create awareness on the SPRING initiative and present opportunities for engagement with different stakeholders.

Meet the SPRING team in;

1.      Mombasa – 17th of February – RSVP here

2.      Kisumu 24th of February – RSVP here

3.      Nakuru 26th of February – RSVP  here

4.      Nairobi  3rd and 10th of March – RSVP here

For more information, feel free to reach out to Patricia Jumi, country manager, SPRING – Kenya through (patr...@springaccelerator.org) or the local consortium partner, GrowthAfrica.

Stay connected with SPRING on Facebook , Twitter and follow us @GrowthHubAfrica to get regular updates and please help us spread the word to entrepreneurs in your network.

Thank you for reading!

Best Regards