Nairobi KML file

Mic Nyams

Feb 23, 2014, 2:38:54 AM2/23/14
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Sourcing for Nairobi KML file. Any help?

Eva Constantaras

Feb 24, 2014, 1:26:35 AM2/24/14
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The Kenya counties KML shapefile is available on geocommons http://geocommons.com/maps/293037

But does anyone have a Nairobi wards shapefile that they could share?  I think it would be useful for a lot of us.

Eva

Jenny Kathambi

Jun 17, 2014, 7:21:39 AM6/17/14
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
HI EVA,
I HAVE THE SHAPEFILE FOR NAIROBI WARDS BUT AM UNABLE TO CONVERT IT TO KML SINCE ITS TOO BIG,ANY HELP ANYONE?

Nickson Nyakambi

Jun 20, 2014, 12:06:58 AM6/20/14
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com

Jenny,
is it in .kml or .kmz

btw what do you want to convert it to?

--

---

Luchiri Omoto

Jun 20, 2014, 2:51:28 AM6/20/14
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
How big is it.. share it we shall try to help where we can.
--
Luchiri J Omoto
GIS Consultant

# +254 723 92 82 16

Jenny Kathambi

Jun 20, 2014, 5:04:24 AM6/20/14
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Hey mike and eva,
Check out this link by mikel maron.It has all the shape files you need ranging from counties constituencies and wards for Kenya.
https://github.com/mikelmaron/kenya-election-data/tree/master/output

Jenny Kathambi

Jun 20, 2014, 5:07:24 AM6/20/14
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone thank you for your intentions to help,i managed to do it using QGIS.Thank yu so much all!

Check out this link by mikel maron.It has all the shape files you need ranging from counties constituencies and wards for Kenya.
https://github.com/mikelmaron/kenya-election-data/tree/master/output

Elvis Bando

Jun 20, 2014, 5:09:59 AM6/20/14
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com

The github shape files (mikelmaron) seems to have a problem. Tried using it some days back without success.

Jenny Kathambi

Jun 20, 2014, 5:10:58 AM6/20/14
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
With the shapefiles you can use onlinne converters to convert to KML or tools like QGIS,and you can use tools like QGIS to select the county wards you need since the shapefiles available are for the whole country.Hope that helps cheers!!!!

Jenny Kathambi

Eva Constantaras

Jun 27, 2014, 12:55:04 AM6/27/14
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jenny,

Thanks! I am out of the country right now but as soon as we try it out we will post our results or challenged here.

Cheers,
Eva

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to hackshackers-nai...@googlegroups.com.

Sasha Kinney

Jun 27, 2014, 5:49:35 AM6/27/14
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Just to chime in, I'd love to see results, challenges, better files, solutions from the shape files, posted here, too.

cheers,
Sasha