Citi Mobile Challenge - Register Today!

1 view

Muthuri

Mar 5, 2015, 9:09:47 AM3/5/15
to nairo...@googlegroups.com

Citi® Mobile Challenge is coming to Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) in search of the next big thing in Financial Technology (FinTech). This virtual competition held successful events in Bogotá, Buenos Aires, Silicon Valley, New York and Miami in 2014.

FinTech is transforming the way individuals and institutions engage with money. We are going around the world in search of developers and designers who can take us to the next level and truly change the way the world banks. The goal is simple, we want to find new innovative and inclusive FinTech solutions, using the power of Citi’s digital platforms.

Citi's efforts around financial inclusion focus on identifying opportunities to connect the unbanked and underserved with the formal sector and access to basic financial capabilities and services.  We strive to do this through our partners, such as microfinance institutions, public sector entities, or corporates that do business locally and reach deeply into these communities.

Participants will have access to APIs that power Citi’s digital banking, payments and rewards, along with APIs from leading technology companies that have collaborated with us for this Challenge.

Finalists compete for an opportunity to potentially scale their solutions for customers worldwide with Citi’s support, plus a share of USD $100,000 in cash awards and a suite of services from Citi Mobile Challenge sponsors.

If you’ve got a great idea, then we want to hear from you! We welcome innovators from all over the world, whether you work alone or for a leading tech company, if you’ve got the concept and the capability to make it happen, then this is the challenge for you to fuel inclusive growth, and scale it up with Citi.

February 23 – March 10: Registration Open

March 13: Accepted participants receive API toolkit

March 27: Participants submit final concepts/prototypes for judging

April 10: Demo Day participants selected

Finalists present prototypes at Demo Day events
Nairobi on April 22, Jerusalem on April 26, Warsaw on April 28, and London on April 30.

© 2015 Citigroup Inc. Citi and Citi with Arc Design are registered service marks of Citigroup Inc.

Best Regards

Muthuri Kinyamu

Social Media & PR Coordinator

5th Floor, Lenana Towers, Lenana Road