Opportunity: Open Data Fellowships at opendata.go.ke

Serah Kiburu

Jun 21, 2016, 2:53:40 AM6/21/16
to HacksHackers Nairobi
Good morning everyone,

I hope this finds you well.

opendata.go.ke shared exciting news via Twitter (@KenyaOpenData) yesterday. Below is the series of tweets, verbatim:

"Kenya Open Data is looking at hiring 50 open data fellows for our exciting fellows program, targeting graduates in computer science and IT.

Through the program, the 50 fellows will be embedded in county and national gov't institutions to help open up data and dat literacy.

Through the 6 months, the fellows will not only add value to the gov't institutions bit they will also learn very valuable skills in data.
So, if you, or anyone you know is a good fit for the Kenya Open Data fellows program, please write to us info [at] opendata . go . ke"

Please share widely and apply.

Have a great day.

--

Best,

Serah Njambi Rono / Developer Advocate
Code For Africa
Hacks/Hackers Africa

Facebook Twitter Github Linkedin
Imagine. Create. Deploy.

Kristopher Kivutha

Jun 21, 2016, 3:18:06 AM6/21/16
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Sweet!!!

--

---

Aggrey Mutimba

Jun 21, 2016, 4:14:03 AM6/21/16
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
50 graduates? no single mention of statistics graduates where data is?
where are you going?

anyway, all the best.

the more i see gaps everywhere.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 9:53 AM, Serah Kiburu <serahnja...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sasha Kinney

Jun 21, 2016, 5:48:03 AM6/21/16
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
New tweet: "most definitely for statistics graduates"

Serah Njambi Rono

Jun 21, 2016, 6:36:42 AM6/21/16
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Also,

opendata.go.ke folk say they are open to ideas and suggestions. Let's all weigh in on this by reaching out to them on email.

I suppose they are looking for 50 graduates because they'd like to have one in each of the 47 counties and maybe 3 working on country data.

opendata.go.ke's email is info[at]opendata[dot]go[dot]ke

Best,

Facebook Twitter Google Plus Instagram Linkedin
Imagine. Create. Deploy.

Wawa Abe Enock

Jun 21, 2016, 7:31:37 AM6/21/16
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Geospatial engineers dealing with spatial data analysis and geovizualization of the same as static and dynamic maps should also be considered for the fellowship.

Sent from BlueMail