How Kenyan CSOs use tech

Sasha Kinney

Jan 16, 2015, 11:11:12 PM1/16/15
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Hacks/Hackers. Hope all of you are doing well.

Would anyone be interested in contributing to some research around how exactly civic-minded organisations choose which tech to use? More info below.

It would be fantastic if you could spare a few minutes to fill out this survey:

We'd be happy to pass along the results afterwards. Also, if you're in the midst of choosing tech for related purposes, we might be able to help you.

cheers,
Sasha

Dear friends and colleagues,

With the passage of the Security Bill and other recent events, the context for our work is changing. We would appreciate your help in better understanding these dynamics:

We are researching the use of internet and mobile technologies by civil society organisations in Kenya. How are groups using these new tools, and what challenges are they facing in the process?

Would you be willing to complete a short survey on your organisation's use of digital tools (social media, web, sms, or similar)? It should take less than 15 minutes.

To share your experience, visit
https://www.theengineroom.org/tool-selection-survey-kenya/

The data you provide will be kept confidential and will not be released in any way that would identify individuals or organisations. We aim to publish the results later this year, and we hope you will find them useful. You can request to receive our report for free during the survey.

Thank you for your help, and please feel free to contact us with any questions.

Sasha Kinney
Mtaani Initiative
Nairobi, Kenya
sa...@kenyanikwetu.org
+254-717-477-365

Indra de Lanerolle
Journalism & Media Programme
University of Witwatersrand
Johannesburg, South Africa
indra.de...@wits.ac.za
+27-82-432-7194

1px
©2015 The Engine Room | Pawa254, 2nd Floor Africa Alliance Building, State House Crescent (PO Box 17654) Nairobi, Kenya 00100
Web Version  Forward  Unsubscribe