Fwd: Wits Journalism Newsletter - 11 August 2016

Sasha Kinney

Aug 15, 2016, 10:54:13 AM8/15/16
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com

(By the way, if anyone knows citizen journalists who could benefit from an informal digital video journalism training here in Nairobi, by a Wits journalism researcher/professor, let me know.)

Wits Journalism programme in Joburg has a nice newsletter... perhaps of interest. Included below.

They also have their investigative journalism conference coming up.... I don't see anything funded, though, nor scholarships etc. It's 20-25k conference fee, plus it's in Joburg. ;)

http://journalism.co.za/events/wp-content/themes/toko-online/images/headers/jeti.png

http://journalism.co.za/events/aijc2016/aijc2016/

The African Investigative Journalism Conference is the largest gathering of investigative journalists in Africa. In 2016: Financial investigations, the Panama Papers, how to encrypt your computer and emails, data journalism, multimedia storytelling, undercover reporting and the best African investigative stories of the past year. Come and listen and learn from top international investigative reporters.