HHNBO Event: Kenya Government Data, Citizen Engagement and Accountability

Serah Kiburu

Jul 4, 2016, 2:08:38 PM7/4/16
to HacksHackers Nairobi

Greetings Hacks and Hackers,

A fortnight ago, Kenya Open Data Initiative announced that it was looking to onboard 50 data fellows for its third Open Data Fellows program. These fellows will be  embedded in county and Government institutions working to help open up data.

This Friday, Hacks/Hackers Nairobi will host OpenData.go.ke and have them share the vision and expectations they have for this team of 50 over the next six months. We will also find out what strides ICT Authority has made with the Government Open Data platform so far and how journalists, technologists, Government watchdogs and the public can engage with the data and do more to help improve services as well as what the first and second Open Data Fellow cohorts were.

We know that many of us are laden with questions + suggestions and we encourage everyone in the community to come and sit in for this session from 6pm on Friday, 8th July 2016.

The event will be held at the Nairobi Garage along Ngong Road.

RSVP here to attend, share widely and arrive early on the day.

See you on Friday!

Verah Okeyo

Jul 5, 2016, 1:53:46 AM7/5/16
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com

Dear all
Sorry to reply on the wrong email here but I would like to have a techie go through some data for me on a story I'm working on to make me an infographic for the Daily Nation
Please WhatsApp me 0732324609 or text/call me 0725876974
It's my own initiative so please come slowly on me. Thank you

--

---