Hacks/Hackers Nairobi October Meetup: It's Tomorrow!

Serah Kiburu

Oct 1, 2015, 3:28:32 AM10/1/15
to HacksHackers Nairobi
Hi!

Good morning and happy new month everyone :)

We are all set for tomorrow's meetup at the Nairobi Garage from 5pm.

If you haven't RSVP'd yet, register here to attend- it takes a minute and tickets are free.

We have also created an event page on Facebook for this meetup, to allow us to share material, hold conversations, et al- both now and after the event on all things Internet Freedom/Net Neutrality. Invite your friends and feel free to engage the community on this g|Group, Facebook or on Twitter- via the hashtags #HHNBO and #HacksHackers as well as the handle @HHAfrica

Have a great day, see you all tomorrow!

--

Best,

Serah Njambi Rono / Developer Advocate
Code For Africa
Hacks/Hackers Africa

Facebook Twitter Github Linkedin
Imagine. Create. Deploy.

Kasyoka Salim

Oct 8, 2015, 12:49:25 AM10/8/15
to HacksHackers Nairobi
On Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 10:28:32 AM UTC+3, Serah Kiburu wrote:
> Hi!
>

> Good morning and happy new month everyone :)
>

> We are all set for tomorrow's meetup at the Nairobi Garage from 5pm.
>

> If you haven't RSVP'd yet, register here to attend- it takes a minute and tickets are free.
>

> We have also created an event page on Facebook for this meetup, to allow us to share material, hold conversations, et al- both now and after the event on all things Internet Freedom/Net Neutrality. Invite your friends and feel free to engage the community on this g|Group, Facebook or on Twitter- via the hashtags #HHNBO and #HacksHackers as well as the handle @HHAfrica.
>

> Have a great day, see you all tomorrow!
>

> --

> Best,
>

> Serah Njambi Rono / Developer Advocate
> Code For Africa
> Hacks/Hackers Africa
>
> Imagine. Create. Deploy.

Hey Sarah,

There was a lady at the event, her name is Aida. She was in attendance at the Net Neutrality event last Friday. She mentioned a bill that was worked on by civil rights and Internet activists in Brazil. It seems to be a very potent piece of legislation, grounding firmly the citizen's rights to the digital space. It's been lauded as the world's most progressive Internet legislation. Some guys in the meet up were interested in perusing it and the links would be of help.

https://www.apc.org/en/blog/marco-civil-brazilian-internet-bill-rights-english

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/02/marco-civil-devil-detail

http://www.digitalrightslac.net/en/

Kind regards,