nairobi matatu data and app

39 vues

Connor Leech

non lue,
2 mars 2014, 09:17:5602/03/2014
à hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Hello Hacks and Hackers,

I'm looking to build an app to map nairobi's matatu routes on to Open Street Map. I built a prototype website on some incomplete data: http://nairobibusroutes.herokuapp.com/ using messy jQuery

Anyways I think it'd be cool to have a working API to get matatu route data to developers. The raw data is available from the digital matatus project and is available here

I formatted the data I thought relevant into JSON here: https://github.com/jasonshark/open-data-day-ke

If anyone is interested in this project (building a RESTful server and client side app(s)) please let me know!

Connor James Leech :)

Connor Leech

non lue,
10 mars 2014, 12:06:1310/03/2014
à hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
hey quick update, I've built an API that serves up data formatted from digitalmatatus.comhttp://digitalmatatus.herokuapp.com/developers

Anyone can use this data. I'll be using Angular.js and Leaflet.js to put these routes on open street map

The full source is on my github: https://github.com/jasonshark/open-data-day-ke

Christopher Kamau

non lue,
11 mars 2014, 02:15:1311/03/2014
à hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Thanks  for sharing this, will have a quick look.
Morning.

Kind regards,
Chris

--

---

Kind Regards,

Christopher Kamau
Creative | Digital Copywriter Extraordinaire | Conceptualizer
Artist | Illustrator | Actor | Movie Buff
Tel: +254 736 014 213/ +254 720 948 169

I think in word, i speak in rhyme!

Patrick Byte

non lue,
11 mars 2014, 04:01:5411/03/2014
à hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
just had a look at your http://nairobibusroutes.herokuapp.com/ n i must say i like it.. quite nice for a start..visit the ihub at ngongroad and you will find something similar.

--

---

Connor Leech

non lue,
14 mars 2014, 09:05:0914/03/2014
à hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
update

I put together a basic demo using leaflet.js and jQuery on how the matatu route API could be utilized.

Phillip Mwaniki

non lue,
14 mars 2014, 12:30:3614/03/2014
à hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update. Trying to a simple app in C#

--
Yours,
Phillip Mwaniki

Bsc. Software Engineering
MIscrosoft Student Partner K.U

--

---

ndungu stephen

non lue,
15 mars 2014, 03:01:2315/03/2014
à hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Would it be possible to analyze and add traffic movement color codes to the routes based on calculated information from the cameras?
This can help one avoid routes filled with jam in advance before they leave the house or office.
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer
0 nouveau message