Hacks/Hackers Nairobi Meetup: Friday, 13th November 2015

Serah Rono

Nov 10, 2015, 9:12:24 AM11/10/15
to HacksHackers Nairobi

The Hacks/Hackers community in Nairobi meets monthly to discuss pertinent issues, brainstorm and collaborate on plausible solutions. In August, AfricaHackon talked to the community about Cyber Security and Privacy Online. In October, we talked about Net Neutrality and why it should matter to Hacks and Hackers.

This month, driven by current affairs in the world and inspired by the 19 Million Project (an 11-day Hackathon on the Refugee Crisis currently ongoing in Rome - ), the Hacks/Hackers community will be talking about the global refugee crisis and what hacks and hackers can do to help.

Code For Africa is pleased to announce that our friends at REFUNITEand The Humanitarian Data Exchange will grace our meetup this Friday, November 13, 2015 and will share with the community the work that they do, the challenges they have experienced, the lessons they have learnt along the way and how the community can plug in and help as technologists and journalists and especially in our local context.

The event will be held at the Nairobi Garage along Ngong Road from 5pm to 7pm. Please keep time.

Register here to attend, invite a friend, come ready to learn, interact, ask questions and share your ideas.

Snacks will be provided.

See you on Friday!