Meetup this Friday and Opportunities

Serah Kiburu

May 23, 2016, 4:53:47 AM5/23/16
to HacksHackers Nairobi
Good morning all,

Happy new week!

Meetup:
The World Humanitarian Summit kicks off today in Istanbul, Turkey and you can follow the conversations on Social Media via these hashtags #ShareHumanity and #ShareData. Hacks/Hackers Nairobi will be holding a fringe event this Friday, May 27, 2016 at the Nairobi Garage from 17h30.

Co-Hosted by Code for Africa and UN OCHA's Humanitarian Data Exchange, the meetup will be a great opportunity to interact with digital pioneers who are using data and simple tech tools to transform lives across the continent. Come learn about ways you can get involved in world-changing projects and share way you are already playing a part.

RSVP here to attend and remember to share your views, findings and questions using the #HHNBO hashtag or on our event page on Facebook.

Opportunities:

At Hacks/Hackers Nairobi, it is our aim to grow our community and positively impact the society we are a part of. We invite you to share opportunities with this community both here (using the Opportunities tagline in the email header) and on Social Media using the #HHNBO hashtags. Below are but a few opportunities that may interest you. Share widely:

1. AidInfoPlus is looking for home-based Aid Information and Data Search Experts. Read Terms of Reference and apply here. 2. International Women's Media Foundation is giving reporting grants for women's stories. Read more and apply here.

3. Open Data Con is looking for a short-term, spanish-speaking, International Open Data Roadmap coordinator ahead of IODC in Spain. Read more and apply here.

4. Do you have a open data think piece / project you'd like to share with the Haks/Hackers Africa community? Email and I'll be in touch.

Have a splendid day, everyone.