Papers We Love #007

Chinmay

Feb 19, 2015, 1:01:51 AM2/19/15
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We'll be doing the next iteration of Papers We Love on :

Tuesday, 17th March, at 7.30pm at HackerspaceSG.

The papers we'll be looking at are.

Paper #1 - "Designing a dataflow processor using C λ aSH" - Anja Niedermeier, Rinse Wester, Kenneth Rovers, Christiaan Baaij, Jan Kuper, Gerard Smith :: (Michał J Gajda)

Paper #2 - "Measuring Cognitive Abilities of Machines, Humans and Non-Human Animals in a Unified Way: towards Universal Psychometrics" - J Hernández-Orallo :: (Vikram Verma)

See you there!

-Chinmay

Martin

Feb 19, 2015, 1:56:49 AM2/19/15
to hackerspacesg
"Measuring Cognitive Abilities of Machines"? Holy shit that sounds mind blowing. I know that I'm too stupid for all this shit but think this is gonna be my first Papers We Love meetup :)

Cheers,

Chat: http://hackerspace.sg/chat

---

Kelvin Quee

Feb 19, 2015, 2:39:48 AM2/19/15
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
This sounds awesome but how do non-members join in the talks?

Kelvin Quee
+65 9177 3635

Martin

Feb 19, 2015, 2:42:15 AM2/19/15
to hackerspacesg
@Kelvin: I believe that free events at Hackerspace are open to the public if not stated otherwise. So you simply show up and take a seat.

Cheers,

Chinmay

Feb 19, 2015, 8:49:27 AM2/19/15
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Yup! What he said!

Kelvin Quee

Feb 20, 2015, 7:22:42 PM2/20/15
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. Will try to be there. I think my wife and I will love this. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the kids...  ;)

Kelvin Quee
+65 9177 3635

Chinmay

Mar 16, 2015, 8:13:13 PM3/16/15
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Gentle reminder, this is happening tonight!