Would like to borrow a Windows notebook ASAP, for about a month

Roland Turner

Jun 13, 2016, 4:00:52 AM6/13/16
to HackerspaceSG
No, I haven't taken leave of my senses! I discovered yesterday that:

(a) the only existing driver for for satellite tracking controller board
is embedded in a Windows program,
(b) that Windows program depends upon OLE capabilities not implemented
in Wine (so I can't run it on my Ubuntu-only notebook), and
(c) none of the surplus notebooks floating around HackerspaceSG run Windows.

I do have the controller board firmware source - so writing an open
driver for Gpredict is certainly possible - however I'm a little pressed
for time as I'd like this working for Maker Faire, and still have a long
list of things that need to be completed to make this work.

Is anyone in a position to lend me a notebook for this purpose, with
Windows running on it?

- Roland