PyCon SG 2015 - Call For Proposals

Martin

Feb 26, 2015, 2:39:45 AM2/26/15
to hackerspacesg
Hi hackers,

I assume that most of you (especially if you work with Python) have somehow gotten word of this, but I think it can't hurt to leave this here anyways:

In June 17 - 19 we will have PyCon Singapore 2015 at Singapore Polytechnic. We have some pretty awesome keynote speakers coming in from the US and we are now looking for proposals for talks and tutorials.

Speakers for talks (45 minutes) will get a 25% rebate on the conference tickets and speakers for tutorials (three hours) will get a payment (but I'm not sure how much, right now, in the past years it has been around $150 or something).

If you do anything cool with Python, please consider submitting a proposal: https://pycon.sg/proposals/

PyCon Singapore has been a very diverse and friendly conference in the past years and I have high hopes that this years conference will be our best conference ever. If you do Python, you want to be part of this ;)

If anyone here knows people who are doing cool stuff with Python (i.e. in startups or in research and education), please feel free to hook me up with them.

Cheers,
Martin