Seeking programmer for Project "Mother Tongue in Social Networks"

Leap Lab at NTU

Dec 13, 2017, 9:15:30 PM12/13/17
to HackerspaceSG
Hello from LEAP Lab at NTU,

We are a research lab focusing on the cognitive science of language.

Prof. Luca Onnis (SoH) and Prof. Poong Oh (WKWSCI) at NTU are looking for an immediate short-term collaborator. We seek individuals with expertise and interest in 1) web scraping from online social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and 2) web programming for online experiment setup.

Minimum Qualifications:
- programming for the web (e.g., HTML, JavaScript, NodeJS, Python, R or equivalent)
- web scraping experience

For further information please send your CV and availability to:
poo...@ntu.edu.sg and lu...@ntu.edu.sg

KH

Dec 19, 2017, 5:36:17 AM12/19/17
to HackerspaceSG
Dear LEAP Lab,

my name is Kheng Hui, and I am a research engineer with the Dialogue Technology team in the Human Language Technology department at I2R, A*STAR.

I have registered as a part-time M.Eng. student at NUS. I've attached the CV I prepared for that application here.

I am working on a plan to convert to a Ph.D. course in computational linguistics after the first year, and would be interested in exploring research collaborations

I cannot estimate how much bandwidth I have to commit to this in the short term, but I would like to look farther down the horizon.

On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 10:15:30 AM UTC+8, Leap Lab at NTU wrote:
Hello from LEAP Lab at NTU,

We are a research lab focusing on the cognitive science of language.

I did my M.Sc. in Cognitive Science at the University of Osnabrück, Germany, and while most of my time was spent in the areas of linguistics, knowledge representation, and picking up the fundamentals of AI which I didn't have time to pursue in my Computer Engineering course at NUS, I would love to be able to ask and answer more questions about languages.

I did some basic scrapy work and data cleaning to prepare our internal Q/A engine a few years ago, and work in this direction would be a great reason to start playing with social media APIs again.

May I know which questions you are trying to answer in this project, and if there are related publications I can read?

Thanks in advance for your response, and happy holidays.

Best regards,
Kheng Hui
Kheng_Hui_YEO_CV.pdf