PyLadies SG conducts a "Introduction to Python" workshop

Martin

Jul 19, 2015, 5:44:59 AM7/19/15
to hackerspacesg
Dear Hackerspacers,

I will be giving a very simple "Introduction to Python" workshop on Thursday, July 29 at 7:30pm at the PayPal office (Pizza and drinks included).

The main goal of the event is to install Python, virtualenv and the Atom.io editor on your computer, no matter if you use Windows, OSX or Ubuntu.

Our second goal (and equally important) is to grow the PyLadies community in Singapore.

I believe this workshop should cater to three groups of people on this mailing list:

1. You don't know any programming at all but you are curious to make your first steps.
2. You already know programming, but you never had the time to tinker with Python and you want to have a first look.
3. You are already a Python expert and you want to help other women and become part of a (hopefully) growing and vibrant PyLadies community in SG.

If you fall into category 3), you will be bored during the workshop, but you can enjoy the pizza, meet new people and of course I would very much like to talk to you in person and find out what you are doing with Python and brainstorm ideas for topics of subsequent meetups.

If you are interested in this event, please RSVP here: http://goo.gl/forms/9aZjbCFp1U

Kind regards,
Martin

Lukas J

Jul 21, 2015, 1:34:38 AM7/21/15
to hacker...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Is this event directed to a female audience only?

Best regards
Lukas

Chat: http://hackerspace.sg/chat

---

Martin

Jul 21, 2015, 11:25:05 PM7/21/15
to hackerspacesg
Hi all,

sorry for the late reply.

Yes the event is for ladies.

Generally, for PyLadies events worldwide the "rule" is that if you are a dude and you want to come along, you have to bring a lady as well.

Right now we have more than 40 signups already (and I think only three males or so, at least as far as I can guess from the names), so all dudes will be pushed down into the waiting list to make room for more ladies.

Cheers,
Martin