Mosquitoes

Kai Hendry

Aug 30, 2016, 9:37:20 PM8/30/16
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I remember we had a mosquito problem in HSG but I am doubtful that
mosquito trap worked. Did it?

I was searching through NEA's site and I saw mention of "Ovitrap,
Gravitrap and fan-based trap"
http://www.nea.gov.sg/public-health/environmental-public-health-research/wolbachia-technology/faqs

I couldn't really find on the NEA canonical information how to deal with
mosquitoes. Best I found is http://www.dengue.gov.sg/subject.asp?id=101
for prevention measures. Obviously prevention is better than the cure,
but why not both? ;)

Can any of your geeks recommend a trap or method over another and where
to purchase one?

Cheers,

Roland Turner

Sep 1, 2016, 2:24:07 AM9/1/16
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
The trap (purchased at Harvey Norman?) worked fine (it caught a few), but:

(a) there weren't that many mosquitoes in the main area, and
(b) someone kept turning it off.

Note that the hydrocarbon->CO2 catalyst has a ~6 month operating
lifespan. I've not looked for replacements yet.

- Roland