Experimental generative art workshop

Sher Minn Chong

May 29, 2017, 9:48:00 AM5/29/17
to HackerspaceSG
Hi all,

I'm interested in running an experimental generative art workshop with p5.js and am looking for a space. Instead of the typical tutorial style where instructor give directions, and students follow exactly, I am hoping to make it more open ended and flexible.

It'll start with an introduction of p5.js and basic techniques. Then, attendees decide what they want to explore and we can work through that, followed by a hack session so they can try things out without having to worry about time. Since it's open ended, I'm looking for a space where attendees can hang out for an hour or two after to work on their own. I'm hoping to host this on a weekend morning and it will run through to early to mid-afternoon.

Would this be something that Hackerspace would be interested in hosting?

Happy to talk through more details and suggestions if this is something people would be interested :)

Examples of generative art: https://github.com/piratefsh/generative-art (disclaimer: mine)

Cheers,
Sher Minn

DBS Innovation Group

Jul 12, 2017, 12:56:40 AM7/12/17
to HackerspaceSG
Hi Sher Minn,

This looks interesting!
May I know what are the real-life applications for this generative art technology?

Best regards,

Yurike Chandra
Assistant Partnerships Lead
DBS Innovation